Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelenAg Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2008, 03:16 PM
    My rubbish shed
    Sorry to use the french word there, but I need help with an attached porch/shed to my garage. The roof is flat and leaking. It has been leaking for one year or more. So yes, the boards are getting water logged. I will either fix this thing (close to 2500.00) or else knock it down. If I knocked it down, I would have a linoleum slab, and a cement slab left on the ground. How will the water drain from rain?? The shed/porch is only a few feet to the east of the house. Plus, I would need two new doors. One door to make up the space cut out to allow passage into the garage from the little work room attached to the porch, and another door to replace the "real" garage door. Help me decide what to do. My main concerns are the drainage, what will happen to the linoleum over time and what the area will look like. I see ugly and more ugly. What else can I do with this spot? Please help with any ideas. I know repairing a flat roof guarantees nothing. Thanks for listening. Helen Ag.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 03:49 PM
    I have sort of the same problem you have and all I have is completely ugly attached to a lovely little bungalow and a lovely garden. A roofing expert told me to just coat the flat roof with lots of tar and also told me the garage structure is not to code, so you can imagine what Ive got here!

I just want to take a sledge hammer to the whole thing and have a nice clean car port, but can't do it until my hubby is away for a long period.

Sorry, doesn't answer your question. Can you solve mine other then knocking the whole mess down ?
    HelenAg Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Well, sorry to hear of your predicament. I heard that using tar on the roof won't help at all. If your shed is as homely as you write, maybe it won't be too bad to knock it down, provided you have a nice carport out of it. My shed is not bad looking, really. That's why knocking it down disturbs me. It is attached to a one car garage and adds extra storage. You are lucky if your husband is handy. Mine is not. He can do a lot of other things, but tools are out of his domain. Helen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power to my shed [ 1 Answers ]

I want to run permanent power to my shed. I am trying to power a very small wood shop. This includes, circular saw, single stage air compressor, radio, 2 4' fluorescent light balasts, and a small router from time to time , small box fan. The run is 50' from the house and another 30' to the panel...

Leveling for a shed [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought an 8X12 wooded shed kit for my backyard (including floor kit). I will not be using concrete, unless this is recommended? My problem is that I have a very unlevel yard. A local stone company recommended stone to level it, is this a good idea? Also where I want to put it is a low...

New Shed Wire [ 10 Answers ]

Built a new shed want to run a wire to shed to run 2 outlets 2 inside lights and an outside light I want a switch to ouside light in house and also in shed. I am going to use 12/2 wire encased in pcv pipe buried at least a foot in ground. I need to know how to wire this up and also can I pull the...

Trying to shed fat, but no change! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi! I am 24 years old, 5'6", and 164lbs. I started gaining weight around 17/18, and have had trouble with it ever since. I was a lean 126lbs in high school, got married, and packed it on. I didn't really eat healthy at that time, but when I went through divorce 3.5 years later I started working...

Wiring a shed [ 2 Answers ]

I just finished building a storage shed and want some electricity out there... what type of wiring and cost would it be to run 30-40 feet or wire?what other materials am I going to need? Thanks for any suggestions... later

View more questions Search