Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Due Date is a thing of the past!
    Well guys, rankrank is still with child!! Yep, as of today, I am 40 weeks and 2 days! I'm barely 1 cm dialated and 70 % effaced. I really, really, really don't want to be induced. The doctors are giving me till Monday and then they are going to begin talking about induction. One concern I have is that on all of my ultrasounds the due date showed to be around July 5th/7th but the doctors never officially changed it from the original July 1st date. Anyway... any advice, tips on ways to help me at least progress more? I've been walking but I just get tired out so quick... sex just seems so, UG, right now... help ladies! :D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
    No sex, no walking. Just enjoy your rest because once the baby comes, you isn't getting any (rest)
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Thanks tickle! See... that's sort of how I feel. I just feel like kicking back and relaxing but doc says "walk, walk, walk" which is understandable... but GA!!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Its weird I was only thinking about you an hour ago, ill cross everything for you and enjoy the peace while you can ;) lots of hugs xxxxx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Walking and sex are good natural ways to induce labor. If that tires you out, it's okay. Don't worry about an induction. Pitocin is monitored VERY closely and they will start you on the very lowest dose and slowly increase the dose until you are having good regularly timed contractions.

Induction is not as bad as you think. I induce ladies virtually on a daily basis.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Its weird i was only thinking about you an hour ago, ill cross everything for you and enjoy the peace while you can ;) lots of hugs xxxxx
    Awwww, thanks CBW!! Warm fuzzies and hugs to you too! :) hehe!
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Walking and sex are good natural ways to induce labor. If that tires you out, it's okay. Don't worry about an induction. Pitocin is monitored VERY closely and they will start you on the very lowest dose and slowly increase the dose until you are having good regularly timed contractions.

Induction is not as bad as you think. I induce ladies virtually on a daily basis.
    Thanks J! This makes me feel much better about the possibility :) :) :) :) :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Been there, done that, my son was four days past his due date, which is normal. I was ready to rip him out myself, and they were talking about induction. I had to go in for a non-strees test (J9, is that right?) and that afternoon I went into labor.

Don't stress, he/she will come when it's time. If they induce, well, they're the docs, they know what they are doing.

Relax, rest, because before long you won't be getting much sleep. Peace and quiet is a good thing before the chaos. :)
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jul 3, 2008, 04:51 PM
    You can always have someone drive you down a very bumpy road... that seemed to work back in the day!
    jilldini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Well guys, rankrank is still with child!!!! Yep, as of today, I am 40 weeks and 2 days! I'm barely 1 cm dialated and 70 % effaced. I really, really, really don't want to be induced. The doctors are giving me till Monday and then they are going to begin talking about induction. One concern I have is that on all of my ultrasounds the due date showed to be around July 5th/7th but the doctors never officially changed it from the original July 1st date. Anyways.......any advice, tips on ways to help me at least progress more? I've been walking but I just get tired out so quick......sex just seems so, UG, right now.......help ladies!! :D
    I've heard that spicy food is supposed to help. My first son was late too and big. My doctor wanted to induce too, but when he found out how big, he said c-section. Not to scare you, but I think for me it was the better way to go.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Thanks bunches, all of you! :)
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Girl, you better keep us posted. I am SOOOOOOOOO excited for you!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Rank oh my goodness :p
    Baby's going to be here before you know it!
    I'll be thinking of you!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Well guys, rankrank is still with child!!!! Yep, as of today, I am 40 weeks and 2 days! I'm barely 1 cm dialated and 70 % effaced. I really, really, really don't want to be induced. The doctors are giving me till Monday and then they are going to begin talking about induction. One concern I have is that on all of my ultrasounds the due date showed to be around July 5th/7th but the doctors never officially changed it from the original July 1st date. Anyways.......any advice, tips on ways to help me at least progress more? I've been walking but I just get tired out so quick......sex just seems so, UG, right now.......help ladies!! :D

I'd ask them as to why the difference in dates... usually they would change to be closer to the scan dates, which would give you a bit more time. Hopefully, if they are just going to talk about possible induction, they will still give you another week before setting a date. There are a number of ways you could try to get things going, but nothing will work well if your body isn't ready for it. There are very good reasons for inductions, but as J_9 said, they have become very common place... and not all reasons are truly medically warranted.
    Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    and not all reasons are truly medically warranted.

Isn't that the truth!!

We had, notice I said HAD, a doctor in our hospital who did inductions for convenience... either her's or the patient's. There can be some bad outcomes with inductions, but it's really not the norm.

Keep in mind, whether induced or not, you may or may not have a natural vaginal delivery. It all depends on that little girl of yours, whether she can tolerate the rigors of labor, as well as your body and whether you dilate properly during the proper time frame.

Whatever the outcome may be, vag or section, you have carried this one to term. This is the one that we have been waiting for for the past what, 2 years almost now?

The easy part is getting that baby in there, the hard part is getting it out. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really depressed and past due date [ 20 Answers ]

I am 40 weeks pregnant and I am past my due date . Now the doctor told me he won't induce for another 8 days and I am in such pain and agony. I have cried for a hours, I am so stressed about everything I am going snap. Plus the doctor is leaving for a week so there is no chance of him delivering...

False negative on day 10 past expected period date ? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm 31yrs and my husband and I are trying to have a baby. I am 10days overdue on my period and have taken 3 home pregnancy tests but all have turned up negative. However, on 2 of them after a few hours, they've showed a faint line where the positive...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search