Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afsar najm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 02:55 AM
    Distance galaxy to earth
    Speed of light is 3,00,000km per second and it takes four years to reach on earth from glaxy.please let me know the distance between earth and galaxy.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 3, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Come on it's simple multiplication!!

A year is how many seconds ?
    Time that by the speed.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 03:53 AM
    Ah, and take each year to be 365.25 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Distance between earth and a galaxy [ 4 Answers ]

How is the distance between Earth/Milky Way and another galaxy measured? This came up reading an article about identifing galaxies that are very far from Earth. I understand that the Doppler effect can be used to measure the speed a galaxy/star is moving in relation to Earth by calculations of...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Galaxy Zoo [ 1 Answers ]

A great site for all you people out there who are fascinated by the cosmos: Home | Galaxy Zoo You sign up, they explain to you HOW to classify galaxies (spiral, elliptical, something else altogether). Then you do a little test to see if you CAN classify galaxies. Then you're let loose on...

How far is the galaxy from the earth [ 8 Answers ]

I want to know how far is the galaxy from the earth How far is the galaxy for the earth

View more questions Search