Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brittany124 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Is it wrong to be with someone but care/love someone else?
    Ive been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and he makes me so happy. On the other hand there is this guy that I used to date that I think I might still love. Is it wrong to think about him in a way like that? I don't want this to mean I'm treating my boyfriend wrong.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
    As long as your devotion is to your boyfriend and you do not consider cheating.
    It is rather normal to still have a place in your heart for an ex.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 11:36 PM
    As long as you wont cross the line of being an ex now "good friend, thats fine.
    redrose24 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2008, 06:00 AM
    I would try and keep my distance from the ex... you have to keep reminding yourself that they're an ex for a reason. You have another boyfriend now, so your heart should be focused on him and not the past. I know that you'll always still care for your ex, but it should be an entirely different type of 'caring'.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Remembering old loves is perfectly fine. Don't fret those memories or those lingering feelings. Also, don't romanticize them. Your current relationship should not be endangered by old ones. It's totally uncalled for.

You will have ups and downs in every relationship. All of your relationships will come to an end, except for the last one. You probably can't say for sure this current one is going to be "the last one", can you? So, it's more important than ever that you give it it's proper chance.

If your relationship is going to end, and most do for one reason or another, it needs to be for reasons of long-term incompatibility between you two that are real, not because you're fantasizing about old boyfriends.

Keep your focus. Enjoy the fond memories and all, but keep your real-life in focus.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
    I'm married, but remember most of my exes with some fondness, so its normal, but we forget sometimes that those exes, for what ever reason didn't work, so why go back, or dwell over the past too much, when you have happiness now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my boyfriend love me but not care for me anymore? [ 6 Answers ]

Right, me and my boyfriend are both 16 we've been going out for almost 3 years now and we love each other like crazy. We had a really rough patch in October/November last year as I was upset and bereaving because my dad had died. We are better now as we both really want this to work but I feel...

My boyfriend says I don't care enough. I love him! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16, my boyfriend is 18. We are both in high school. My boyfriend says that I don't care enough about him enough, or I don't show him that I care. But he has been driving me crazy! He freaks out about everything and makes everything be my fault. He is really sensitive, if I tell him in passing...

Motherly Love or Oh-So-WRONG! [ 7 Answers ]

I've just read this on the BBC News website; BBC NEWS | Health | Girl could give birth to sibling (Summary: Woman has frozen her eggs so that her infertile daughter (who is 7 at the mo) can have kids at a later date!) And it's PROPER messing with my head! Surely this can't be ethically...

I Love Him, but he just doesn't care [ 5 Answers ]

Me and Nick had a great Relationship as far as I new. But he just dumped me for this girl who is a total loser. But this girl won't date him and he won't take me back. He drew this picture of a beautiful fairy that looked a lot like me an he said he drew because he was thinking of me and missed me....

View more questions Search