Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diggy77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Fridge not cold,freezer is frosty.Whirlpool
    Exactly that... the fridge isn't working like it should,the freezer works fine... but its frosty on the inside... inside of fridge seems to be condensating
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 3, 2008, 06:15 AM
    If the door sealing rubbers are in good order, what you see is the start of the cooling circuit losing capacity (gas leak?)
    Do you have a fridge/freezer thermometer, and if so : what do you measure in the 2 compartments ?

:)
    lamont42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 07:53 PM
    I have a whirlpool refrigerator the freezer freezes but the fridge doesn't get cool
    lamont42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 07:55 PM

Freezer's frosty but the fridge doesn't get cool
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 8, 2010, 12:07 PM

Is the freezer fan working?hold the door button with your finger and see if the fan comes on.also if your defrost timer is faulty excessive ice can block air flow to fridge.hope this helped please rate my answer
    cottagefarm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 05:22 AM

I'm having similar problems with m 15-month-old Whirlpool refrigerator. On highest setting, the freezer only goes down to 20º. Refrigerator usually 52-68º.

Someone at repairs (store where I bought it) said that this type of refrigerator only has coils in the top freezer. There's an opening at the rear bottom of freezer where heat from refrigerator is supposed to rise to freezer, and cold air from freezer is supposed to sink to cool refrigerator. She said that, in humid weather, ice often forms in these narrow openings, preventing cooling of the refrigerator.

I've defrosted my refrigerator/freezer 3 times now, without any improvement in performance. I've scheduled a repairman to come two days from now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix the frosting issue in my fridge(not freezer)? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 2nd hand fridge/freezer and it's about 10 years old. The fridge is on top and freezer is on bottom. The freezer works fine however I found frost was generated inside the fridge around the back wall and right corner. The door seal seems OK and the temp setting is not too low. Before frost...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

Chemical smell from fridge and freezer! [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I've got a Frost Free, freezer on top, Magic Chef Fridge. It has a very strong 'chemical' smell. I've washed it down, cleaned the drip pan, cleaned underneath, and under the drawers. I haven't found any bad food. I read a blog that said to get to the freezer coils to clean them, but it...

View more questions Search