Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMY SHARFMAN Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Refinishing and staining wood furniture
    What is the best way to refinish a wood side table. I once tried that environmentalorange stuff and I really thought it was a pain. It was very messy. Also the table has some scratches. I am unsure of the type of wood of this table.
    I would appreciate any input from someone with experience.
    handimom Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 05:49 PM
    I have used probably most stripping products on the market. I tried Ready Strip by Back To Nature Products about 5 years ago. I will never use anything else! This stuff is fantastic, works on all materials. It is non toxic, absolutely no odor or fumes, completely harmless to skin. It will not raise the grain of the wood. It does not run or drip. Amazingly, you can put on a thick coat and, believe it or not, leave it on for several days without any damage to the wood. If it dries, just mist with plain water then scrape it off. Will remove up to 7 layers of paint in one application. Best stuff I've ever used! You can get it at Home Depot, or go to their website to find a retailer near you.

www.backtonatureproducts.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Staining Wood cabinets [ 7 Answers ]

How do I remove the existing paint/finish from bathroom wood cabinets?

Wood Staining [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had a headboard stained and after the topcoat dried it was very sticky to the touch. The same products were used earlier on other furniture with not problem. What causes this? How can I get rid of the sticky residue?

Cherry Wood-Prep and staining [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 60 year old Willet cherry wood dresser. I can sand most of it down to the bare wood. Before I apply a gel stain, do I need to prep the wood any? Also after 60 years, will this wood age and get darker like most cherry wood does? Thanks Jim

Staining whitewash furniture [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whitewashed occasional table set that I would like to stain a dark color. In the essence of time, I am looking for the least lengthy process... Do I have to strip, sand, etc..? Can I lightly sand and add stain? Is there a quick method? HELP?

View more questions Search