Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javalava Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Craftsman tractor engine runs good but no power to move
    I have a Craftsman tractor 42in deck hydrostatic, while cutting the lawn the other day I was going up a slight incline(that I always mow) and the tractor lost its power to go forward essentially. It rolled down hill and actually tipped over. Now when I start the tractor the engine is fine but it barely will move forward nor backwards. The tires spin but there is no power behind it, you can stop the tires with your hand very easily. Jacked it up and looked to see if anything obvious was loose but don't see anything. Suggestions... questions... help!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Look for a sheared key on the axle shaft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman tractor loss of Power [ 12 Answers ]

I used my 1997 Craftsman tractor with 15.5hp Kohler engine all winter for plowing my steep driveway. The first time mowing I began to lose power and (even with the moer deck off) it now barely moves up any incline. The air and fuel filter are fine an the oil is freash and full... any thoughts?

Craftsman lawn tractor engine knock on startup [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Craftsman 12 hp Briggs 38 in lawn tractor that has just developed a bad engine knock on starting, and sometimes at shutoff. Knocking goes away once running up to speed, and it seems to run smooth, with good power. Oil level is up, etc. What's the problem, is it a major engine...

Craftsman 20.0 HP lawn tractor won't move. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 20.0 HP, 42'' mower; the engine starts and everything... it runs as long as the clutch/brake is being applied, but as you start removing the clutch/brake EVEN IN NEUTRAL the engine stops.. so the engine works but stops as you remove the clutch/Brake by the way it has a...

Craftsman Lawn tractor engine dies [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor (model #917-257481). The engine dies when I pull out the PTO switch to engage the mower. Have replaced PTO switch and the "clutch" switch. It still does it. I can hear the PTO engage. With the new "clutch" switch installed it also dies when you let out the clutch. I...

View more questions Search