Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redbug75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Unfair work practices
    Can anyone answer this question? I was hurt at work 2 yrs ago went through 2 surgeries and some other treatments and I got better but not good enough to return to my job. Here is the problem I was working light duty doing what doctor allowed me to do Then at my last appointment with the doctor he said that I reach my max medical improvement and will never be able to do full duty. So for three months I did what I had be doing then one day my boss came to me and said you will be sitting on a bench no books , newspapers nothing to read no games nothing just sit. I am also only allowed to walk in the area where the bench is unless it is break time. I have to do this until March Because that's is when my 104 weeks of light duty is up which is what our union allows. I was wandering what laws protect me when it comes to just sitting and not allowed to read. I work as a custodian for a school district.Thank you to any one who can help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
    If you have a problem talk to your union rep, that is what they are for, but you are being assigned a light duty job, your job is to sit, you could not be looking at a book if you were working at a desk, I see no problem with this being legal, Now they expect you to quit and then they are off the hook for your part of your workers comp.

Since you can not ever get any better, do y ou have an attorney trying to reach a settlement with the insurance company on your disablity

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why be unfair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend named Carla and Cynthia and they are going out and both of them love each other very much! But, The Cynthia's mom does not approve of that and does not want my friend Carla to go out with her daughter. If she does see her around with her daughter that she would get her...

UPS unsafe work practices [ 3 Answers ]

Someone tell me how one of the riches companies in the world is able with the aid of the union to make their truck mechanics work with broken tools, no truck lifts(taking out and replacing a trans is pretty difficult to do on a creeper) no tire trucks(they have to jack the truck up as if it were a...

Unfair work practices [ 2 Answers ]

I have worked at the same company for more than 2 years,In that time, I have changed to supervisor off the plant. I started as a shipper/receiver.I voluntarily moved back to shipping in Feb. with several things promised to me that was never followed through with.They told me I was moving back to...

Unfair practices/discrimination [ 1 Answers ]

I am a senior who recently rented an apartment seven months ago. Today. I received a notice for recertification 11/16/07. I moved in here March 20, 2007. Our lease is suppose to be for a year. Next we are also being told to bring down the letter that states our social security increase as soon...

Unfair Employer Practices pertaining to paternity leave. [ 9 Answers ]

My employer moved me to a salary position a few years back. Since that time I have not gotten the standard raises that I used to get. They said that's because I am on salary, however I am instructed to punch a time clock. On tp of that I had lost any personal days that I used o have. Well I...

View more questions Search