Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayne-craig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
    No water coming out of shower head
    Can you tell me what's wrong my shower water coming down the backof it instead of through the shower head
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 02:54 PM
    You have to tighten up the connection at the top.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Either your shower head sits loose in the shower arm or you need new washer. Easy fix. Home Depot "experts" love to help people with this type of problem :-D
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 3, 2008, 06:19 AM
    First, let's get you more water out of the shower head. Remove the shower head from the chrome shower arm and look inside. You will see a rubber washer with holes around the edge. This is a water saver. Pry it out and toss it. Now wrap three turns of Teflon Tape around the threads of the shower arm and tighten up the shower head. More shower with less leaks now? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Water coming out of the tub faucet & the shower head at the same time? [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a one handle Kohler faucet for the bath tub, when water is turned on and the shower converter button is in the down position the water comes out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time. When the shower converter button is pulled up water will only come out of the...

There is no water coming from my shower head [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace a tub diverter spout without ripping my shower apart? (Please keep in my that I am clueless)

Water coming out of wall, not shower head [ 4 Answers ]

I am no longer getting water out of the shower head. All of the water is coming from the wall (base of the shower arm). The shower arm is very loose but I'm unable to tighten it as it seems to be connected just inside the tile. I'm really hoping that perhaps it's just loose from the pipe in the...

No water coming out of shower head. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, so the other day my dad and I go to home depo to pick up a part for his shower (symmons type A) and the piece we were looking for was the handle that turns on the shower, it had been stripped. Well we took out the old one and put in a new one. It was so hard we couldn't turn it. Well we put wd...

View more questions Search