Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 2, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Creative questions.
    Hi everyone,

I've read online that interviewers are asking possible employees some interesting questions. You know, not the usual- "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" or "What are your strengths/weaknesses?"

For example, interviewers have come up with these out of the ordinary questions:

1) If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?
    2) If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

My question is... What are other new and creative questions that you or your co-workers have heard about or been asked during an interview?

Can't wait to hear them! :)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
    The question I liked to ask prospective employees was, "tell me about your worst boss and your best boss." The employee's attitude about work became apparent immediately.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
    You are driving down the road, in the rain, in a brand new two-seater car.

As you pass a bus stop, you notice 3 people waiting for the bus.

1 of the people is an old college friend, someone you were very close to, but have since lost track of.

1 of the people is the guy/gal of your dreams, whether just in looks or because you've seen them browsing your favorite book store and haven't gotten up the nerve to approach or whatever--no matter HOW you know it, you just KNOW this person is your ideal mate. (please assume for the sake of the question that you are not already WITH someone who is ideal for you)

1 of the people waiting is an elderly lady who is obviously very sick--she is shaking and feverish, and is waiting to get on the bus to go to the hospital, because that's the only transportation she has to get there.

Which of these people do you give a ride to? Remember, you only have ONE extra seat in the car.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Ooh ooh synn can I answer can I answer?
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 01:44 PM
    LOL... have you heard the best answer for that already? ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:45 PM
    I'd let the buddy of mine take my car and the elderly woman to the hospital, knowing that I'd meet up with my buddy later on to get my car back, and I'd wait at the bus stop with the girl of my dreams. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Questions I've been asked at job interviews:

- We kill animals here in the name of science. Can you live with that?

- We do everything we can, but people do die here... are you OK with that?

- We work with the dead. Are you OK with this?

- What's the decimal estimate for 3/8? You have 5 seconds.

- If you were an ice cream... what flavor and why?

- If you were a car, what kind/color and why?

I've also been asked crazy amounts of riddles and brainteasers...
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 01:52 PM
    The question I *hate* is "Tell me/us more about yourself".

Like... I'm a complicated person. There's LOTS about myself I could tell you. What PART about myself would you like to hear?

I've started tellign weird stories to people that use that question. I *hate* that question. If there's something SPECIFIC you'd like to know about me, then ask THAT question. Otherwise you're going to get a story about my high school prank, or my first kiss, or about the time I fell off the porch into a wasps' nest, or why my first dog was named "Doobie". Seriously--I'd rather have "we work with the dead here--does that bother you?"

I have had, though, "What is something that other people do that bothers you?" That's a fun one to answer.

Best interview question I've ever had, though, came from when I interviewed for this position. I interviewed with 3 people total. The first person to interview me was my (now)boss, Mark. It was your standard interview. The next two people's first question was "Does Mark intimidate or scare you?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anything is creative art [ 4 Answers ]

Aliza Shvarts' Insists Miscarriage Art Project Is Real - Living on The Huffington Post #23 communist manifesto 23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art." Do you think this is creative? More artistic than the...

How creative are you? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a writer to bounce ideas off. I mainly write songs and lyrics but if anyone has similar litirary taste I was thinking we could try out fresh ideas together, like a writing wall:)

Creative Eye Shadow [ 4 Answers ]

HI there, does anyone know where I can find some fun creative eye shadow techniques? :rolleyes:

Creative writing [ 1 Answers ]

I really need to compose a creative writing about the element Argon.. everything about it.. from its origin, history, properties... to it's uses..

View more questions Search