Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Playing downloads on DVD player
    If I save a downloaded video file (say, one that plays in Windows Media Player) to a DVD in a PC's DVD drive, how can I then play it in a regular DVD player connected to the TV? Does this require special software or hardware? Thanks in advance.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 24, 2006, 10:23 AM
    If you've downloaded a video - for example, a .WMV, AVI, or .MOV file - you will need to recode it into a format your stand alone DVD player recognizes.

I use Nero Vision and Nero Recode. Nero Vision does a very nice job in converting video files, and I can add menus and backgrounds for each video. Nero Recode is good to taking someone else's DVD and recoding it down to what you want.

I like to download movie trailers off the Apple website and then use Nero Vision to assemble them on a DVD for myself. It's just cool how you can do things like that with this software.
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 03:33 AM
    Thanks very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registering downloads [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried to download software like pop-up stoppers, security software from the internet and tried to load a digital camera with installation cd on my computer but it always tells me it can not regester the product. How do I fix this problem?

Video Downloads [ 4 Answers ]

When I download any type of video from the internet (e.g. music videos, movies), the quality when played seems to be bad. Are all videos supposed to be blurry because they are compressed? Is there any way to fix this? Will the quality be better once burned in a high quality format? Please help...

Spyware downloads [ 8 Answers ]

How much better are the copies of Adaware that you have to pay for compared to the free version you can download online? Someone told me today that the free version online wouldn't hardly help you out at all. I downloaded my version from the internet and it works for me just fine. The other...

Mp3 downloads [ 8 Answers ]

What's the best website to download Mp3 music?

Playing mp3s on my dvd player [ 2 Answers ]

Have an rca dvd player and using easy cd creator 4 to burn mps on a cd why won't they play on my dvd player

View more questions Search