Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisak01 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Credit Card debt - trial date 3 July
    My trial is set for tomorrow and the collection attorneys are still calling and leaving messages that they want to file a joint agreement to extend as they need more time to find documentation.

I have just received a message from the judges's office saying that the trial set for tomorrow will not go forward.

What does this mean?

Thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 08:05 AM
    I am pretty sure it means that they most likely got an extension to post phone the hearing to a new date to be determined later.

Jul 2, 2008, 08:15 AM
    The judge has already denied them an extension.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Then it must mean it was dropped.
    They will keep trying to get money out of you anyway.

Jul 2, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Thanks for your quick reply
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 11:33 AM
    If the judge's judicial assistant called you and said that there will be no trial tomorrow, the plaintiff suing you was denied any extension of time as you did not agree. They will be refiling their suit again probably after they get all their paperwork in order.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
    You need to call the court, and verify what this means.

It could mean that the judge refused to move the date forward, and the trial will be held as scheduled, or that the extension was granted, and the trial date will be moved ahead to a later date.

If this was the exact statement, or wording, you need to clarify it.

Without knowing for sure, I would show up at the courthouse as scheduled, just to insure there is no default judgment awarded in this case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre Trial Mediation for credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I had to return to SA as my Mom passed away in 2002 to sort out her estate.I was away for a while and tried to keep up all my payments, however I could not manage.My last payment on my Providian credit card was in July 2003. It's now 5 years later and I have a pre trial mediation dropped on my...

Credit card debt set for trial [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was served papers on an old credit card debt, he is on social security disability, he went to court for this and was given a trial date. What happens at this trial? We live in Illinois can any one tell me what to expect next, with it being set for trial. The credit card debt was not...

Court Date for Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

I'm being assigned to have a court day for the credit cards debt (2004). I'm willing to pay what my original credit limit was. But the creditors are suing me triple the amount that my credit limit was. What should I do? Thank you in advance.

Credit card debt, trial set [ 4 Answers ]

I went to court today ,citi bank is suing me for 12,000. My credit limit was only 5000. I have not been abel to pay in 5 years. I live in ky but I had to go to tn for court. The attorney said that they could sue my husband even though he was not on the card and his social was not used only my name...

View more questions Search