Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zix Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 06:07 AM
    MS Excel freeze or unfreeze panes problem
    I have used the freeze panes in MS Excel spreadsheet and it usually works whereas the LEFT of the FREEZE PANE is fixed, and the RIGHT of the FREEZE PANE moves/float.

I access this by WINDOW | FREEZE or WINDOW | UNFREEZE.

Sometimes on certain spreadsheets, I want to change the position of the freeze, but when I hit UNFREEZE, instead of UNFREEZING, it instead changes the thin black line to a thick GRAY line.

When there is the THICK GRAY LINE, the RIGHT HALF of the spreadsheet is fixed, and the left half moves.

I know how to do a normal FREEZE, (with the thin black line) where the LEFT part is fixed, but how do I make it so the RIGHT of the FREEZE area is fixed, (with the thick gray line) so the left moves/floats?
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 24, 2006, 09:45 AM
    If you UNFREEZE and you get the gray thick lines that means that the spreadsheet was SPLIT before it was frozen.

You can play around with the split function either from the WINDOW->SPLIT or by independently dragging the little gray bar above the up arrow on the vertical scroll or the other bar to the right of the right arrow on the horizontal scroll bar.

Casey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Excel default settings problem [ 0 Answers ]

Suddenly on my MS Excel, EVERY previously saved file I have opened has 4 of the columns, BM through BQ with the text in white, so I can't read it. Of course, I can manually switch it back to black, but what caused this? The file dates still have their old original saved dates, so it must be a...

HP Freeze [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble with my computer freezing up after 10 min. running. I did a system recovery, but did not help. The problrm began when I was up and running online and I moved the computer an inch or two to hook up speakers to the back. The only way I can shut it off is to hold the start...

Computer freeze [ 3 Answers ]

Am using win xp, when I open start menu on my desktop and then for e.g. programs-accessories- system tools, or any other program comp freezes up,can only access task manager by using ctrl alt del,which shows nothing happening, moving cursor over this window brings up egg timer icon, then have to...

Microsoft Excel 2003 Worksheet Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Would you please help me solve the problem I am having! This is the problem: I have installed MS Office 2003 on my two home computers. Everything is OK on one computer, but MS Excel 2003 is a problem on another computer. When I open a new workbook, I always get a blank worksheet that has...

View more questions Search