Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srj_07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Refuge balcony
    What do you mean by refuge bacony? What is the requirement of this?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 02:19 AM
    From what I understand, it is an open-air balcony from which people are able to exit easily and quickly if some sort of danger might be present, such as a fire, etc.
    srj_07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Thanks
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 12:36 AM
    You're welcome! My pleasure!
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jul 14, 2008, 09:38 AM
    It can also mean a place in a stairwell (area of refuge) where a handicapped person can wait for firefighters to resue them. In a high-rise the elevators do not work when there is a fire, so wheelchairs are stuck.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca
    It can also mean a place in a stairwell (area of refuge) where a handicapped person can wait for firefighters to resue them. In a high-rise the elevators do not work when there is a fire, so wheelchairs are stuck.
    Probably so... A balcony or level area may not need to be out in the open-air, but just a place that is level so that people can be secure so that other might have an advantage of coming to their rescue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alaska cruise - balcony on port or starboard? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a northbound Alaska cruise next spring on Princess. Having decided to book a room with a balcony, which side of the ship offers the best views? Thank you.:)

Balcony Rail Liability [ 5 Answers ]

I have a condo in Florida which has a balcony rail. I have been told it doesn't meet the code requirements and I must replace it. Where can I find the present requirements and the possibility of being grandfathered?

Alaska cruise balcony or not? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a cruise to alaska for our family including my mother in law, her first cruise. Is it worth the extra money to have a stateroom with a balcony, or is an oceanview better for the cost. We have cruised before, but never with a balcony room before. Any input on the alaskan cruise...

Can I lay real grass/turf on my balcony? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a decked balcony and was wondering if anyone knows if I can lay turf /grass on it and if so any tips. Also have a rabbit so needs to be rabbit friendly!!

Outdoor Balcony Fan Light.. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I have a fan/light unit that is going to be installed on the third floor balcony of a vacation home. Are any special requirements in order since it is outside although it does have a covered roof and is 3-sided. Anhy help appreciated. Also I have (2) receptacles on each floor...

View more questions Search