Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angela29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Reinstalling my pool liner?
    We bought a pool in 2000 last winter my nephew knocked some holes in it. The pool completely drained and we took the liner out to clean it and patch up the holes.
    Can we reinstall the liner?
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2008, 10:48 AM
    No, the liner is to old and brittle and has shrunk. You will have to replace the liner
    Angela29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Ok so we cleaned the pool really well and then patched the holes in the pool. To my surprise after reading all of the other answers on here I honestly do not understand why everyone says that it can't be done! YES IT CAN BE DONE IT JUST TAKES PATIENTS AND TIME!
    We even went to a local pool dealer and they told us that it can't be done, boy oh boy was he surprised!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 03:07 PM
    You said it was a 2000 pool but did you install a new liner when you set it up in 2008? A liner only a few months old is not stretched or dried out but a 2000 liner sure would be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find an Expandable Beaded pool liner?

View more questions Search