Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    padovacindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Broken lease
    I live in a house with 6 girls. We are all on the lease and the lease does not expire until September '08. One of the roommates moved out and left us with her unpaid $500.00 a month rent. How do we go about taking her to small claims or what other options do we have?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. Obviously, you don't have to evict her; go to your local small claims or magistrate court and sue for breach of contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken lease [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my job and had no income so I was forsed to move out of my apartment. I had to move 400 miles across the country to live with relitives. I heard that if you moved more than 50 miles away your lease would be automatically terminated. Does anyone know if this is true?

Broken lease and no way out [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter leased an apartment in her name, got married, separated in 3 months and now has found that she can no longer pay the lease that she owes until Feb. what can she do?

Lease not broken- but assigned a lease breakage fee [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you for reading, Here is the story: This May we moved out of our apartment and found new renters not only for the rest of our term (until July 31st) but until the next year at that time. We moved out and with our good faith we let the new tenants move in and start paying...

Broken lease, what next? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: I have a property leased. The tenant has given me 60 days notice that she plans to leave the prmesis. There is no provision in the lease for early cancellation. There are still 4 months left on the one year lease. She believes that all she has to do, is give 60 days notice, and will be...

View more questions Search