Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skjodt-barrett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Dishwasher door
    I installed a new GE Tall Tub dishwasher, but now a few weeks later I cannot get the door to open after setting it to wash the di. There is no apparent blockage, but I do not know what to try first.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 04:59 AM
    Cannot get the door to open when it's set to wash? D/Ws are supposed to lock when it's set on wash. Are you not able to set it to Off then open the door?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 05:45 AM
    Hi,
    The manual that came with the dishwasher should have some information for you. Check it out on how to operate.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 05:57 AM
    Is there a "Cancel" button that you can use?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
    Hi,
    After doing some research on this model, it has a timer delay of 1 to 9 hours. Did you set the timer? To wash later?
    If you have already washed the dishes, then the door won't open, you might have to call a repair person, if the manual doesn't help. The warranty might cover the repair charges.
    skjodt-barrett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 03:52 PM
    I've arranged for a service call which should be covered under warranty unless it's something stupid I did when installing. According to the directions the door does not lock. I hear the latch release when the handle is pulled, but I can't open the door. There are no visible obstructions. Thanks for the responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 always has water on the indside door when I unload it. My silverware basket is in the door, so my utensils are wet. Is this a defect in the dishwasher or is my drain line responsible? My dishwasher is only 6 months old!

Dishwasher vent [ 1 Answers ]

Is there another way to vent the dishwasher other than a sink vent?

View more questions Search