Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AtherElahi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 10:20 AM
    New Forlder.exe Virus in USB flash drive
    I have got my USB flash drive infected by New Folder.exe virus. I tried many times to remove it and even format my flash drive and also did partitioning again. But, when I plug it in with my PC it again gets infected again and also infect my PC. Will you please help me out in removing this virus... COMPLETELY...

Regards,
    Solarrigger2000 Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Okay. First clean your computer of the new folder.exe virus using your anti-virus software. Next hold shift and pulg in your flash drive (still holding shift) until the computer reconizes it. Now format the flash drive.
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Ather your system is infected with this virus so first scan your system with latest update antivirus.whenever you plug you usb drive,it just copy new folder.exe in every drive and may be it can be that it made a folder in all folder of usb drive with the same root folder name with folder like icon.check that your folder option is not there and you are unable to show hideen files that mean your system is infected.if antivirus ll not change the situation,let me know I ll give you a manual way to remove this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flash drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I cannot install flash drive (USB) in Windows'98, is simply cannot detect it every time I connect a flash to my PC. Can suggest how to use a flash with Windows'98? Thank you all in advance.

Flash virus [ 2 Answers ]

Our network is currently blocking all Flash content due to a Flash-based virus circulating. Has anyone else heard of this?

Problems using flash drive [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a flash drive but when I plug it into my computer it askes me to install a driver. The flash drice didn't come with a cd. Where can I find a driver for Cruzer flash drive?

View more questions Search