Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titi15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Belly Button piercing
    Hi, well I got my belly pierced 5 days ago and I don't know if its infected.. its really red around the top and bottom... it hurts a little bit.. I don't know if its just irritated... to clean it I use bactine and a sterile saline solution... help me please! I can't tell if I should clean it more:confused:
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 1, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Unless it starts hurting a lot (I don't know if you ever got your ears pierced, but if you did and they got infected, they probably hurt a lot, which is what I'm talking about), I would just clean it a couple times a day until it stopped being red. If it gets worse, go back to the place you got it or go to the doctor. (preferably the doctor) Good luck.

Jul 1, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smokedetector
    Unless it starts hurting alot (I don't know if you ever got your ears pierced, but if you did and they got infected, they probably hurt alot, which is what I'm talking about), I would just clean it a couple times a day until it stopped being red. If it gets worse, go back to the place you got it or go to the doctor. (preferably the doctor) Good luck.

Thanks a lot! Do I clean it with the same stuff? :confused: thanks alottttt:p

Jul 1, 2008, 11:25 AM
    If what you are using is the same as the stuff you get from claires in that pink bottle when you get your ears pierced, then yes. Rubbing alcohol will work and maybe peroxide, but that's more like a last choice thing. Alcohol is better. I think it hurts less. Good luck.
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by titi15
    hi, well i got my belly pierced 5 days ago and i dont know if its infected.. its really red around the top and bottom...it hurts a little bit.. i dont know if its just irritated...to clean it i use bactine and a sterile saline solution...help me please! i can't tell if i should clean it more:confused:
    I agree with Smoke Detector, that it should be fine unless it hurts... I would suggest cleaning it with Dial soap twice a day though... alcohol will just dry out the skin and prevent it from healing... good luck!

Jul 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliciag940
    I agree with Smoke Detector, that it should be fine unless it hurts... I would suggest cleaning it with Dial soap twice a day though... alcohol will just dry out the skin and prevent it from healing... good luck!

Yea I heard that alcohol will make it worse.. should I put neosporin some people say its bad to do that.. thanks a lot guys

Jul 1, 2008, 11:56 AM
    I wouldn't put anything on it besides the soap to clean it... just let it heal (it is healed when the red goes away) before you let your clothes press on it... lots of bacteria and stuff in clothes... you shouldn't worry unless the redness stays and the edges start to dry out and look crusty, that means that it isn't healing and your body is rejecting it.

Jul 1, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliciag940
    I wouldn't put anything on it besides the soap to clean it... just let it heal (it is healed when the red goes away) before you let your clothes press on it... lots of bacteria and stuff in clothes... you shouldn't worry unless the redness stays and the edges start to dry out and look crusty, that means that it isn't healing and your body is rejecting it.

Ooh okay thanks aloott :D your answerss have been veryy helpful :D

Jul 1, 2008, 12:20 PM
    If what you are using is the same as the stuff you get from claires in that pink bottle when you get your ears pierced, then yes. Rubbing alcohol will work and maybe peroxide, but that's more like a last choice thing. Alcohol is better. I think it hurts less. Good luck.

Should have clarified... use the stuff in the pink bottle(sorry, don't know what it's called :-()... alcohol and peroxide are last choice things... like if it gets worse or starts hurting more, use that to kill whatever's there. It is stronger than the stuff in the pink bottle. I would choose alcohol over peroxide, but that's me. Only use it the once to kill everything, and for regular use do the soap and water or piercing stuff. I have used neosporin before and it worked just fine, but I don't know the arguments against it. Keep in mind if you go to the doctor, they will probably prescribe soap and water cleanings and some ointment, so it's not unlike neosporin. Good luck.

Jul 1, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Here is some very useful information also:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/body-a...rt-195834.html

Jul 1, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Thanks!!

Jul 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Doess irritation cause rednes and a little bit of sorenes?

Jul 2, 2008, 03:55 AM
    It can. It doesn't have to be infected, it could just be rubbing or something.

Jul 2, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Well I tired not disinfecting it as much as before and today it feels better and doesn't hurt like yesterday and the redness isn't that bad anymore.. I think I just cleaned it too much cause I was scared that it wuld get infected... thxx
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jul 3, 2008, 12:51 AM
    U can't clean a piercing too much as long as your doing it right. Don't touch it with your fingers use q tips and only use what the piercer told you to. Neosporin will block the pierced hole and prevent it from breathing and it won't heal. Use anti bacterial soap and saline solution and you should be fine

Jul 3, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsHec4
    u can't clean a piercing too much as long as ur doin it right. don't touch it with your fingers use q tips and only use what the piercer told you to. neosporin will block the pierced hole and prevent it from breathing and it wont heal. jus use anti bacterial soap and saline solution and u should be fine

Thanks.. yea I think it was that its still red but dats normal.. thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Self Piercing Belly Button [ 35 Answers ]

I'm if anyone has any tips or like the best step process?

WHAT DO I DO! Belly button piercing gone bad? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I got my bellybutton pierced a few days ago ( like a week ago) I have been using this spray stuff that the piercer gave me, my belly button is red though. But keep in mind that I clean my belly button 6 times a day :), is that too much though? Like, should I start using that soap stuff......

Re-piercing my belly button. [ 4 Answers ]

About a month and ten days ago I had my belly button pierced on a wimb by one of my friends, we bought a 14 gauge needs and pierced it ourselves. I was washing it more than once a day and everyone was really impressed by the results. It had been fine up until a few days ago when it started to get...

Belly Button Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm only 13 and I want my belly button pierced and I'm wondering if I should get it done now or wait a few years? Is it good to get it done in a specific time of year or does it not matter I really am looking for some answers please help!! :cool:

View more questions Search