Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerriannb74 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 09:35 AM
    How to file bankruptcy?
    Hello all. I need some help on filing bankruptcy in the state of Oklahoma. I am currently divorced and most of my bad debts are with him jointly. How would I go about filing on those on behalf of me and not him? This does include a house and a car? It does not say in the divorce papers who gets what, we just decided together that he would keep both. I would also like to know what I should look for in an attorney should I start getting my debts together or should I wait to find out what they need? Also, what is the best time of the year to file or does it matter? Any information would be welcomed. Thank you.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
    You can't pick the creditors listed on a bankruptcy petition; all must be listed. Attorneys are becoming specialized so you need to find one who is experienced in bankruptcy, both Chapter 7 and 13. Check this: Basic Types Of Bankruptcy – Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a lawyer to file bankruptcy [ 10 Answers ]

There's no doubt about it, I NEED to file bankruptcy. I just don't know what the first step is. If I could afford a lawyer, I wouldn't be filing bankruptcy. There's $0 in my wallet, I have no bank account. Where do I start?

Better to file bankruptcy? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently been given notice that one of my cc companies is garnishing my wages. My credit is ruined right now (probably in the low 500's) and I have several collection accounts on my credit report. Would it be better if I just filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy? It probably wouldn't hurt my...

Being sued, while trying to file bankruptcy [ 5 Answers ]

I just received notice today that I'm being sued by citifinancial of whom I had two loans through. I haven't made any payments in the last two months, nor to any of my creditors (there are many). Im trying to file chapter 7 bankruptcy and I'm wondering what kind of time table I'm looking at and if...

How often can you file bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

If I filed bankruptcy 5 years ago, can I file again. It was a chapter 7

View more questions Search