Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:33 AM
    So you enjoy watching American 'liberals' argue with themselves?
    "The fence around the public demonstration zone outside the Democratic National Convention will be chicken wire or chain link, authorities revealed in U.S. District Court today." Chicken wire should suffice, right?
    See: DNC protests will be behind fence - The Denver Post
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Yeah I get a kick out of how they are using their own double standards against each other :D
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:53 AM
    They did something similar in 2004 in Boston with cement barriers, 8-foot-tall chain-link fencing, and heavy black netting installed around the protest zone outside the FleetCenter. But of course the news focused on the so called civil rights violations at the Republican NYC event instead.

I guess they got spooked by all the recreate -68 talk by Cindy Sheehad and the code pinkos etc.

http://www.recreate68.com/

CODEPINK : DNC & RNC: Rock the Parties

What's the political calculation that speaks to them of the wisdom of civil disobedience — which means a massive media spectacle — on the brink of a Democratic campaign that could plausibly put a Democrat in the White House who's committed to withdrawal from Iraq?” asked Todd Gitlin, an anti-Vietnam War activist who was at the Democratic National Convention in 1968. “If the objective is to put a belligerent Republican in the White House, they should keep up the good work.”

The “belligerent Republican” of whom Gitlin speaks will almost certainly be Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who spent the summer of 1968 as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
    Anti-war movement wrestles with 1968 - Ryan Grim - Politico.com

The Denver Post points out that there is real reason for concern that prompted the added security measures .
    But the Denver-based umbrella coalition ranging from anarchists to environmentalists has fractured in recent months. Prominent activists have split with Re-create 68 over its incendiary rhetoric and, according to some, its refusal to endorse nonviolent protest.

"My understanding was that there was some resistance to really settling on a commitment to non-violence," said Dana Balicki, whose group, Codepink, joined a new protest coalition for the convention.
    Recreate 68 protesters split before convention - The Denver Post
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:53 AM
    No amount of chicken wire and concrete will suffice when they summon all their powers to levitate the Denver mint. :rolleyes:
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Steve you would think that we made this stuff up ! Lolololol

Don't forget a sack to put all of your loot in.
    Bring noise makers, energy, spells, magic,costumes, anything that gives you powe
    Don't forget your Jonny Quest decoder ring and your... tinfoil hat ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Isn't that amazing tom? And they think we're the fruitcakes, LOL. You just can't make this stuff up, it can only come from the enlightened mind of...
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why should I support liberals [ 30 Answers ]

I am a Black man 48 yrs old, I just wanted to know why I should vote for democrats or support liberals, I do not like nither of the two. I really think that liberalism is dangerous and liberals are phony, but I get shouted down when I express my veiw, why is that.

The liberal/fascists are confused. [ 9 Answers ]

This is presidential primary election day in Ohio and Texas. The once juggernaut party of FDR is split whether to nominate Obama or Hillary. It is depressing to consider that the nation of Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and other founding luminaries must choose between these two candidates. I...

She gets upset and we argue. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi how is everyone doing? Let me give you a brief synopsis of what's going on. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 15 months now and things are going great and they still are, but we tend to argue on average about once a week. Now this has been going on now for the last year or so,...

We broke up because we argue [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my and my boyfriend broke up recently and I just don't understand this. We were the perfect couple and everyone said so, we were only together for a small period, 3 months but it seemed like so much longer. He's 23 and he never had a girlfriend before me so I knew I had to take it easy with...

Liberals: [ 2 Answers ]

Do most conservatives call themselves right-wingers? HANK ;)

View more questions Search