Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sukiblevins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 06:30 AM
    What mix of breeds is my dog?
    I have rescued a shelter dog and would like to pin her traits to a couple of dog breeds. She is thin at 30 pounds, 14 inches at the shoulder, 27 inches tail to head, long bushy tail, long pointed nose, brown eyes, black medium coat with honey brown under belly, small white feet. Her back is arched and long. She is very cat like playing with her toys and food bowl with her feet. Strong hind quarters, climbs steep hills like a goat bounding upwards. Very agile, quick, strong, playful. She would love to chase birds, jump and catch them in the air. She has a spring to her chase.
    Thanks for any help
    Suki

>Moved from Zoology<
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Looks like it could have german shepard, black lab and doberman.
    I don't know though.
    My dog was black lab, keesh hound/huskie and she looked like that only longer fur.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 07:05 AM
    I'd say definitely a shepherd mix. Mixed with what is anyone's guess. You could pay for a genetic test, which will help to pin down her mix. But here's something to consider... it won't really make a difference knowing what's gone into the mix. She'll have certain needs based on being a dog, and then have certain needs based upon her own personality. Breed traits are handy to know, but not necessarily useful. For example, labs generally like water, but not all labs do, and there's not necessarily something "wrong" with your lab if it doesn't.
    angel-4460 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2

Jul 1, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Yup german shepard mix... can't really tell mix with what though
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 04:22 PM
    German sherperd for sure, looks like a bit of collie too, but that's a guess. Either way, she's gorgeous. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 4, 2008, 06:03 PM
    I agree with the rest. There is some German Shepherd. It looks to me like she could possibly have a bit of Australian Shepherd also, because of her shorter coat, and body structure. What a sweetie whatever she is. :)

EDIT: I appologise. It was late, and somehow Australian Shepherd came to mind, and that is not what I meant. What I did mean was German Shepherd with maybe a bit of Catahoula Leopard dog. Even some Blue Heeler, or Collie. It's so hard to tell sometimes isn't it. Good luck in finding out! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Breeds [ 2 Answers ]

Could you give me a list with all the small breed dogs?

High chested breeds? [ 12 Answers ]

I was recently told that dogs that are "high-chested" are at risk of having their stomach going into their chest and twisting after they have vomited, resulting in death. I have a chihuauha and was told it was a high-chested breed. Is this true? Should I be concerned about this? I've done some...

Dashounds pure breeds [ 5 Answers ]

What colors do pure breeds come in?

Best dog breeds ( puppy ) for a household with cats? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, would appreciate some suggestions from experienced dog ( medium size dog ) owners that also have indoor cats. What dog breeds are good around cats. My perfect dog would be medium sized with a good attitude but not to demanding or loud. Is there such a dog breed with those traits?

Puppy - What breeds do you think he is? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, This is Loki, he is between 9 and 10 weeks old and was found under my garbage can a couple weeks ago. After putting up signs, walking him around the neighbourhood and calling the local shelters with no success he has become part of the family of three other dogs and one cat. I'm...

View more questions Search