Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onlymyself Posts: 50, Reputation: 6

Jul 1, 2008, 03:44 AM
    I don't know what it is
    I've got a thing on my mind that really worries me sometimes.
    It is that when I am in a crowd and people sing, like a concert, church or at school singing, when I'm in a car and it is moving in a fast speed I feel like I am going to faint because like I can't breath but not exactly. I just jam.I don't know what it is but it's really annoying.Is it normal? Should I talk it with an adult?Has anybody got this "problem"?
    wayne888 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2008, 03:49 AM
    Anxiety, talk to your doc maybe you need meds. Anti-depression I was somewhat like that with other problems as well I was suffering from depression, best I can do
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Sounds a bit like anxiety or panic attacks or possibly a phobia of some sort.

Jul 1, 2008, 07:56 AM
    What should I do? Is it bad if I ignore it because I'm shy of telling anybody.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 08:10 AM
    If you aren't taking medications try taking vitamin B12 sublingual and see if that helps any.
    There are herbal anxiety/stress supplements you can try.

Jul 1, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I found this article:

Many who suffer panic attacks state they are the most frightening experiences of their lives. Sufferers of panic attacks report a fear or sense of dying, "going crazy", and/or experiencing a heart attack, feeling faint, nauseous, "flashing vision", or losing control of themselves. These feelings may provoke a strong urge to escape or flee the place where the attack began (a consequence of the sympathetic "fight or flight" response).

A panic attack is a response of the sympathetic nervous system (SNS). The most common symptoms may include trembling, dyspnea (shortness of breath), heart palpitations, chest pain (or chest tightness), hot flashes, cold flashes, burning sensations (particularly in the facial or neck area), sweating, nausea, dizziness (or slight vertigo), light-headedness,

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder which primarily consists of the fear of experiencing a difficult or embarrassing situation from which the sufferer cannot escape.

Jul 6, 2008, 06:45 AM
    But how can I buy medicine if nobody knows about this :s. should I tell my parents?
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 06:51 AM
    You need to tell the doctor and if he can't help you then you need to go to a psychologist and they will determine what medications might help and write a prescription for it.
    SpiritusErutan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 04:05 PM
    I am honestly not sure what you are saying exactly but if it is anxiety... before you go to a Dr... and get yourself on meds that could have side effects. Try a herbal treatment. Find a place where you can buy the following herbs; Rosemary, Sckulcap, Catnip, and for flavor Spearmint leaf. Make yourself a tea, using Honey to sweeten it. One cup of this each day for about a week should make a world of difference. You will also want to get yourself some amber colored glass or at least a container that will let little to no light in them. This will help you keep the herbs longer. Keep them in a cool dark place also.

I hope you try this first because once you go on meds for some it is hard to get off them. This is a natural way to help the body, and all these herbs are safe to ingest. I hope they work for you. Take care, and no worries. :)
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jul 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
    As a mental health professional, I have to advise you, don't start taking over the counter medications on your own (even if they're called "herbal treatments"). Do talk to an adult. Most medications you'll get from a doctor will be based on research on naturally-occurring substances... if you start self-medicating with "herbs" you're asking for trouble since many of them contain the same chemicals you'd get from prescription meds! Attaching the word "natural" does not make a chemical in a plant substance safe, any more than attaching the word "synthetic" to it makes it dangerous. A forum full of laypersons like this one is a dangerous place for a minor like yourself to seek medical advice. Don't take the advice given here to take vitamins or herbs without clearing it with your parents and medical doctor first!

Also, don't try diagnosing yourself... there can be medical conditions that cause the same symptoms as an anxiety disorder. Get a physical exam from your doctor to eliminate a physical cause and ask for a referral to a counselor who's experienced with anxiety disorders. Again, you should definitely talk to an adult about this... there's no reason to live with this discomfort. If you do in fact have an anxiety disorder, most cases can be treated with talk therapy (cognitive therapy) and will not require medication.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jul 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    You need to tell the doctor and if he can't help you then you need to go to a psychologist and they will determine what medications might help and write a prescription for it.
    The only state I'm aware of where psychologists can prescribe meds is New Mexico, although there's pressure to do so elsewhere (basically, it's an ongoing turf war between psychologists and psychiatrists). In almost all cases where a psychologist, counselor or social worker believes there might be benefit in medication, the client will be referred to a psychiatrist to make an evaluation and the psychiatrist will decide on the advisability for medication. I would advise against taking any psychoactive medications prescribed by a family doctor - in almost all cases they don't have the training to make a proper diagnosis of most conditions (a psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in the treatment of psychological and emotional conditions - these days they're the med prescribers rather than the purveyors of talk therapy). I would instead ask for a referral to a psychologist or counselor for an evaluation, and let that person decide whether escalation to a psychiatrist is advisable. Most competent mental health professionals are going to try talk therapy for simple anxiety or depression before escalating to a psychiatrist in my experience (more serious disorders are a different situation).
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Hello onlymyself,. I agree with vingogly, you must tell your Mum, write down how you have been feeling, sometimes it's easier, plus it stops you leaving things out if you get a bit anxious.

It could be anything, although it does resemble some sort of panic attack or phobia.
    Something else that occurs to me is that it could possibly be something to do with your ears, as strange as that may sound, an imbalance in the inner ear can cause all kinds of problems... feeling dizzy, wanting to faint, body balance goes, generally feeling unwell,so the fast movement of a car would affect your ears if you have say... virtigo

We are only guessing here, best thing is to speak to mum, I'm sure she will take you to the Doctors who if necessary will refer you elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search