Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cldenser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Order of Default and Judgment
    Three years ago I filed chapter 13. One of my Creditors did not put in a claim, then after three years after my chapter 13 is over with they are taking me to court to get a judgement. I'm going to fight this on July 3 I was hoping that some one might give me a little advice. I live in Washington state. Thanks I could use some help
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. Question: did you use an attorney? Have you notified your attorney of this action by a creditor? Many times, this is a bureaucratic mixup. When knowledgeable creditors discover the history of your bankruptcy, they quickly dismiss lawsuits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default judgment ruling [ 3 Answers ]

I had a default judgment filed against me for a vehicle that I totaled about two years ago and was repossessed,the value of the vehicle was roughly 11 thousand dollars and some change, do I have to worry about the plaintiff trying to take my truck that my parents bought for me to go from school and...

Can anything be done to stop a default judgment [ 6 Answers ]

I received a default judgment against my ex-boyfriend on 10/16/07. He still refuses to pay me he offered me $1000. And I refused because the judgment is for $3781. He has the money in his checking account, and he is employed by his buddy. He has done stated that he would quit his job, (he...

Default Judgment [ 8 Answers ]

In 1996 I bought my son a set of drums. I received financing for the drum set from a financial company. In 1997 I lost my job and could not make the payments and called the company to let them know I had lost my job and could not afford to may payment and that I was moving out of state and let...

Default judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in MA since 8/1998, previously having lived in NY. I just (10/2006) received notification of wage garnishment order (income execution) based on a default judgment for an old debt ($2611). The 'entry date' for the default judgment was July 2003, but this was the first I'd heard about...

View more questions Search