Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzyfresh011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 10:09 PM
    How to lose 60 pounds?
    :( I am 11 years old and I weigh at least 160 pounds and I'm only 5,3 and that's over weight and I need to know how to lose 60 pounds before the summers over because I don't want to go to middle school and be made of or look like this I am tired of people making fun of me I'm tired of not having a boy friend and I need to lose at least 30 pounds and I am dedicated to lose that weight because I am sick and tired and I'm going to show my family and friends that I can do it because I'm tired of my own family making fun of me!! :mad: so I am going to lose this weight I just need to be told how to:confused: so please some one help me out!! :(
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:13 PM
    That is sad that your family makes fun of you. Losing weight permanently means making changes. You can expect to grow taller, that will help.

1. Increase your activity level. Walk or run everywhere you go. When you're at your computer, stand, do not sit. If you watch TV, spend part of the time standing behind the couch.

2. Cut out sugar (cake, candy, pie, pop.)

3. Drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water every day.

4. Don't starve yourself. Eat small meals (less than what you would normaly put on your plate) and snacks (like a handful of nuts or a piece of cheese) and do not skip breakfast. Even if breakfast is only a handful of cherries or a glass of low-fat milk, don't skip it.

That should start the weight moving off you. Weigh yourself, if you have a scale only once a week because weight fluctuates.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Losing 60 lbs, at your age, is detrimental. REALLY REALLY bad for you.

Yes, at 160 lbs and 5'3", you're a bit overweight, however, just be a bit more active, be careful in what you eat, and most importantly, DO NOT SKIP MEALS! Starving yourself only leads to your body hoarding the fat, so it really doesn't help.

Also, you're only 11. By the time you're 16, your body will change drastically. By then time you're 21, your body will change again and again and again. So don't worry too much about weight, but try to live a healthier lifestyle.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 12:38 AM
    I agree, changing your lifestyle a bit is the way to go. And being 100 at 5'3" is very very underweight. I'm 5'3 and 155. I would like to be 125. That's my goal weight. I've lost 20 already. Just by making small changes and going to the gym.
    I am not a Patsy Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyfresh011
    :( i am 11 years old and i weigh at least 160 pounds and im only 5,3 and thats over weight and i need to know how to lose 60 pounds before the summers over because i dont want to go to middle school and be made of or look like this i am tired of people making fun of me im tired of not having a boy friend and i need to lose at least 30 pounds and i am dedicated to lose that weight because i am sick and tired and im going to show my family and friends that i can do it because im tired of my own family making fun of me!!!!!:mad: so i am going to lose this weight i just need to be told how to:confused: so please some one help me out!!!!!!:(
    Simple standards:
    No more than 1200 calories a day
    Write down everything eaten
    Exercising regularly (P.E, Volleyball, other)
    No white flour
    No Candy or other small sweets
    No soda
    Having good judgment with the specific food that is indulged
    More than 8 glasses of water daily
    Keeping up with sleep

Goals:
    Losing 2+ pounds a week
    Looking and feeling thinner

It's really that simple.

Success is obtained through consistency.
    Consistency is obtained through dedication.
    Dedication is obtained through motivation.
    Motivation is obtained through faith.
    rdbirge Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyfresh011
    :( i am 11 years old and i weigh at least 160 pounds and im only 5,3 and thats over weight and i need to know how to lose 60 pounds before the summers over because i dont want to go to middle school and be made of or look like this i am tired of people making fun of me im tired of not having a boy friend and i need to lose at least 30 pounds and i am dedicated to lose that weight because i am sick and tired and im going to show my family and friends that i can do it because im tired of my own family making fun of me!!!!!:mad: so i am going to lose this weight i just need to be told how to:confused: so please some one help me out!!!!!!:(
    Hi. What are you doing for activity? Are you limiting your screen time to 1 hour per day? Are you totally avoiding soda, juice, gatorade, koolaid, energy drinks? Are you getting 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables? ARe you drinking 48-64 ounces of water? You can do all of those things and it will help! Good for you for wanting to change and be healthy!
    Lauren16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 11:32 AM
    I know how you feel don't worry there are many other people struggling out there and they weigh 2wice as much as you and they are either your age or they are even younger! I am 13 and I'm 176 we are on the same boat here don't worry you can get through this I know I can! :) 3-6-12
    Anshulbatia1411 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 04:20 AM
    The secret of losing weight is to loose calories.
    I work out on stationary bicycle and burn 900+ calories in 45 minutes.
    I have lost 12 kgs in 50 days with cycling and a bit of dieting.
    Moreover you a teenager you will increasae your height as well.so it will have a double effect on u.
    Go by what I say you will definetely succeed.u don't burn more than 500 calories.
    Maryluvsya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Omg this isn't really an answer but I'm exactly the same Im 11 160 pounds and 5'3 how are u doing now as a 15 or 14 year old did u lose the weight or did u grow and it came off.

12-31-12 11:33pm central time Garland,Texas
    roshaaa132 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 05:15 PM
    I'm also 11 and I weight 145 LBS!! I used to weigh 165 pounds. I have changed my whole life around by eating way more healthier.. Btw, after I cut the junk food and drank and ate healthier, I lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. WITHOUT EXCERSISE!! What helped me lose, I ran everyday before school and after for 15 minutes. I joined Swimming, Skating and badminton! I did 115 crunches every night. Hope this helps!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to lose 48 pounds! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: please help! I just turned 15 and I weigh MORE than my 17 year old boyfriend. He weighs 160 and I weigh 178. How can I lose weight! I wanted to weigh around 130 for summer... or 10th grade... I don't know what to do! I exercise, eat right, and play softball all the time, but I just...

Need to lose 40 pounds [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 40 pounds larger than I was before I had my baby what is a quick and easy way to get back to the size I was?

How do I lose 50 pounds [ 14 Answers ]

I really need to lose 50 pounds in 2 months, could someone please tell me some good ways to lose weight fast?:confused:

Trying to lose 50 pounds and get in shape. [ 12 Answers ]

So, I've started working out, it's been a week. I work out two hours a day. This includes cardio and resistance work-outs... So naturally I have a bunch of questions... 1. How come I have gained three pounds this week? 2. How long will it take me to lose 50 pounds? 3. What exercises...

How to lose 50 pounds [ 1 Answers ]

How can I lose 50 pounds fast and easy I'm 18 5'10'' and about 235 to 240

View more questions Search