Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Acefsj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Formating hard drives
    My laptop comes with an external drive but when I bought it from the person they did not give this to me.
    The hard drive was fried so I bought a new one the only problem now is that I need to format it without a disk drive or floppy.
    I hooked up my laptop hard drive to my desktop with an adapter and formatted it on my desktop with windows xp pro, Put it back into my laptop booted up and now I get an error message [a disk read error].
    I can still access bios but that is all.
    Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    narayanancdm Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Acefsj
    My laptop comes with an external drive but when i bought it from the person they did not give this to me.
    The hard drive was fried so i bought a new one the only problem now is that i need to format it without a disk drive or floppy.
    I hooked up my laptop hard drive to my desktop with an adapter and formatted it on my desktop with windows xp pro, Put it back into my laptop booted up and now i get an error message [a disk read error].
    I can still access bios but that is all.
    Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    How many partitions in your laptop.

Jul 1, 2008, 01:46 PM
    I believe 1 but I will take a look I am going to try and formate it again with the desktop and I will make sure there is only 1 partition.

Jul 1, 2008, 04:12 PM
    You it was 1 partition.
    I re formated and this time I get to a blue page saying their was a problem loading windows and the computer had too shut down so their would be no damages

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 hard drives in my 3ghz 512 video memory and 1 ghz of RAM but my computer run slow do I need more RAM.:)

Two hard drives [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a computer with Windows ME installed on the slave drive,and I just installed Windows XP Home on the Master drive. What I would like to be able to do is use either OS I want. Rght now I can use the XP home OS but not the Windows ME OS. I can open the drive with Windows ME on it by going...

Hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a problem this question,the bad sector and the bad cluster of the hard disk? I am so worry about this,please help me to solve this question. Thanks

Hard drives [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean my hard drive and reinstall windows and hardware. How Thanks Fred ? :-/

Hard Drives [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question on SATA Hard Drives. I am planning on installing 1 SATA Drive, and I have 1 IDE drive also, I want to use, Which would be the Master, or can it be either, I know with IDE you use Slot 1 for Master and then if you want to have a slave. But with SATA I am not sure how that...

View more questions Search