Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itinkle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 09:36 PM
    My dishwasher is leaking and soaking my basement!
    This is the 2nd time this has happened.
    The dishwasher has been working fine, considering I have no hot water, but nonetheless it has been working fine. Tonight though, I saw a puddle underneath the washer, then ran downstairs to see that the water had been leaking to the basement and getting all over the carpet.
    I go upstairs and try running the dishwasher again, only to notice that if I don't actually hold the door closed, it sounds like there is a gap on the left side and water is clearly leaking out and dripping downstairs. What can I do?? I bought this thing used for $100 last year and it has screwed me over twice this year. Tell me there is a fix besides replacing this thing with a new one. Thanks :)

* Almost my entire house is used for business on a daily basis, so I really need to get this sorted out A.S.A.P
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Sounds like the machine you bought is a piece of cr... Hand wash dishes until you have saved up enough money to buy the machine of your dreams. Washing dishes by hand will keep your fingernails clean and prevent water on your basement carpet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement drain keeps leaking water into our basement [ 3 Answers ]

We have lived in our house for over a year and have no problems with plumbing until this week. One of our basement drains keeps over flowing. Nothing is running. Like a dishwasher,washer, etc.) I noticed it during a heavy rain day but it has not rained in two days but more water keeps pouring out...

Leaking dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Water is leaking from ge 500 dishwasher when running?

Leaking dishwasher during cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Frigidaie 1500 series dishwasher. It leaks water from the bottom of the door on the right and left side. It is not consistent. Sometimes only a few drops- other times a cup or more. The unit is level. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Maytag Dishwasher leaking need a quick fix [ 1 Answers ]

My old Maytag Dishwasher has been leaking intermittently. I noticed that the part that seals the machine door is where the leak is coming from versus below the machine. I also noticed that one of the bolts/screws is missing from the door that folds out, so more than likely the door is just not...

New Dishwasher leaking water. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. Put in a new Fridgidaire Dishwasher and it is leaking water out the front during a normal cycle. Checked and it is level, so that is not the problem. :confused: Was a floor model and don't have a book to trouble shoot with. Any ideas will be greatly appeciated.

View more questions Search