Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marksman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Getting sued by Chase, summoned for July 1st.
    I have to get ready for court in about 8 hours and I have no idea what to tell them. Should I tell them that;
    a)I am in the process of filling bankruptcy and I am head of household for 3 dependents and a 4th one on the way or
    B)I simply don't make enough money to pay them and I am exempt from being garnish because I am the head of family wages and I provide for more than one-half of the support for a child or dependent, have net earnings of $500 or less per week?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 09:40 PM
    If you are indeed filing bankruptcy tell them. If you are not, don't lie. Just say how it is.
    marksman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman
    I have to get ready for court in about 8 hours and I have no idea what to tell them. Should I tell them that;
    a)I am in the process of filling bankruptcy and I am head of household for 3 dependents and a 4th one on the way or
    B)I simply don't make enough money to pay them and I am exempt from being garnish because i am the head of family wages and I provide for more than one-half of the support for a child or dependent, have net earnings of $500 or less per week?
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2008, 05:41 AM
    How far are you in the process? If you are not far enough along, the judge may enter a judgement against you. Being unable to pay and exempt from garnishment is not a defense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am being sued by Chase Bank for $26,000 credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued by Chase Bank for a debt I owe. It is around $26,000, I had this credit card for 17 years with a great payment history. I called my creditor and cancelled the account and I told them as soon as I find a job I will call them to make arragement they have decided to sue me. I am...

Being sued by Chase [ 6 Answers ]

I recently received a summons to appear for a pretrial conference on June 6th. Chase is suing me for two combined accounts of roughly 3,193.29 I certainly don't have that kind of money and also owe to two other creditors as well. I need to know what I should do, do I wait and go to the pretrial...

Credit card judment-I've been summoned [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons today to appear in court next week. It is for a Capital One credit card for $2145.00 + costs. I know I have to go but what should I expect? Are they going to ask me questions and most importantly are they going to make me pay the whole balance or will I still be allowed to...

I was summoned and missed court date [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... In Feb 2000< I was summoned to appear in court as a petitioner ( with DES also as a petitioner) against my son's father whom I wasn't married to, nor knew of his whereabouts. I didn't appear in court and traveled out of Arizona a week later ( a planned trip before the court...

I've been summoned [ 2 Answers ]

I have been renting a house since June 2007, going through the Real Estate company. I have made my payments every month. I was just summoned due to the house is now going through foreclosure. How do I respond to the summons.

View more questions Search