Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jun 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
    What are some of your weaknesses?
    One of the most common questions I've been asked in an interview was "what are your strengths" and "what are your weaknesses"...

I know what my strengths are, but here's my problem... what is a "good" weakness to mention that wouldn't prevent me from getting the job? Personally, I have NO patience, but I wouldn't want to tell the interviewer that! I don't want to say something that's going to totally turn them away from me...

So what are some good answers for your weaknesses??

Thanks you!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 10:31 PM
    You need to be honest, and you NEED to say something! Nothing ticks off an interviewer more than a candidate who thinks he/she is perfect...

How to phrase it depends on the job you are applying for, and also where/how your impatience comes out. You can say you sometimes get frustrated when working with people who don't pull their weight, or you become upset when people are rude to you.

It also depends on how you behave when you are impatient. Do you yell? Throw things? Hit people? Get mad and storm off? Roll your eyes and suck it up?

Your best bet is to be honest with yourself about your weaknesses, and try to think of a way to "spin" them, but still be honest. I'm sure you've got more than one weakness, after all... we all do! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are men afraid of showing their weaknesses [ 12 Answers ]

Are men afraid of showing their weaknesses partly out of fear of women exploiting them?

View more questions Search