Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angela82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Do I have to go to court to leave state if the father doesn't pay child support
    Please let me know cause he says I do but I checked into it and they say I don't have to take him to court unless he was paying child support before I left I'm so confused
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by angela82
    please let me know cause he says i do but i checked into it and they say i don't have to take him to court unless he was payin child support before i left i'm so confused

What does the current Court order say? Child support and visitation (which is the question in moving) are two different issues. When you say that that is what "they" say, who is "they"?

If there is no Court order regarding custody and visitation you can go wherever you want, whenever you want - but the father has the ability to file for an Order to try to stop you and get a custody/visitation order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support from unwilling father, uninvolved father [ 26 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant with my first child. The father is not involved. What rights does the baby have to collect child support from him? Is it ethical to force financial child support, when he does not want to be involved? Yet, he has said that he will provide support. He says that and then...

Child support court order in another state [ 7 Answers ]

I divorced in 1997. Support order was for 62.37 a week for 2 kids.I have been fighting this for 10 years between states.. States are ILL/FL;;Finally I hired a private attorney took ex back to court in 2007 with 16400 in arrears.Still ILL hasn't updated their Support to the new order of 175.00 a...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child is now with father and grandparents after court [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here it goes we are lost in march of 2007 during the divorce the Judge decided the child is in joint custody and live with mother because she was in school and did not want to move her. Friday mother calls me the grandmother and says lets talk I need her to go to you because my life is a mess...

Child custody... Can she leave the state [ 5 Answers ]

I had posted on here a couple of weeks ago about how my wife is talking with an ex and considering leaving me. She hasn't left yet, but its something we fight about everyday. I just have 1 simple question. Lets assume we divorce and she gets custody of our daughter. If she were to move to...

View more questions Search