Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel-4460 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2

Jun 30, 2008, 07:31 PM
    I'm. Bleeding?
    Yeah, well this afternoon I coughed up blood (not a lot,. )

Nothing hurt
    My thought feels kind of sore though, but I feel just fine

I'm going to the doctor in a couple of days (or tomorrow)

Anybody know what I have?
    Is it dangerous?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 07:34 PM
    It's impossible to diagnose you over the internet. I can try, but you have to give me more history.

I don't understand this statement. Can you clear it up for me?

my thought feels kind of sore though
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Jesushelper76 agrees: throat feels kind of sore. Hope this person sees a doctor asap.
    Thanks Joe, I thought so, but wasn't sure.

I still need PLENTY more medical background.

Jun 30, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Well it's never happened to me before... I'm perfectly healthy.. would it help if I said I was on a diet? I don't know, I feel fine but it really scared me...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Coughing up blood is usually not a good sign, but like J_9 said, it's really hard to say where the blood is coming from. At times, the blood from a nosebleed could make its way down the esophagus, then you can cough up blood... whereas you could have an abrasion in your mouth, back of your throat, esophagus lining, trachea, the lung, or the stomach.

How old are you, do you smoke, are you in otherwise perfect health, are you feeling any other kinds of symptoms, etc. are needed.

Jul 1, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Well.. I don't feel anything, if feels like it never happened! I don't smoke, or drink...

This has never happened in my life, nor to any other family member/s
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 09:15 AM
    You say you are on a diet. What kind of diet are you on? Please don't be upset, but I have to ask... do you purge?

Jul 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Umm. no... I just don't eat junk food and eat a lot of fruits and vegies... healthy things!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 10:50 AM
    If you cough hard, you can break a tiny blood vessel in your throat especially if you have a sore throat, and get a little bit of blood on your tissue. This is not unusual specially in a young person. It has happened to me in the past, and I just forgot about it.

If you are coughing up blood from your lungs at your young age, that is a different story.

In either case, contact your physician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding What could it be [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so on Saturday the 28th I noticed some brown bleeding. I didn't think anything of it cause on the 15th my period started and lasted about 5days. So I just thought it was old blood. But then on Sunday it turned into pink and today it's redish. Today is day 16of my cycle and I don't know...

Bleeding dog [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 1 year old pit bull and just around 2 weeks ago she started bleeding from her Virginia.She drips little drops of blood,but does not cry or act any different.Can you please tell me what's wrong with her.

Bleeding after sex [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have had sex only a couple of times now an even then my partner has not gone all the way in. but when we have finished having sex I seem to bleed, it is only light but I may bleed for up to 2 weeks I am very concerned I am reluctant to go and see the...

Bleeding after sex [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is that after having sex with my boyfriend in the afternoon I realized that I was bleeding. Was just few drops till evening ,but didn't quite stop. During night it kind of increased. My periods got over just 5 days back. Am I having periods again? Can this be because of rough sex or some...

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my dog was spayed today and now she is bleeding from the cut. Is that normal??

View more questions Search