Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
    What are the best chocolates in the world?
    I've sometimes wondered about this yet never asked, so when I stumbled across a website on Belgian chocolates this morning that most people seem to be saying are the best chocolates in the world, I'm now wondering what other chocolates are out there.

Nirvana Chocolate

Can you let me know what other chocolates are worth knowing about ~ if you happen to know...
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
    I rarely eat chocolate anymore after having Belgian chocolate. There was a chocolate store that sold only Belgian chocolates. They moved the business online.

Swiss chocolate is aparently good too
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Are you saying the chocolate was so horrible you never ate chocolate again, or so good you couldn't eat any chocolate other than Belgian chocolate again? :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:27 PM
    The latter. Common chocolate is yucky compared to Belgian chocolate.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:32 PM
    I was in the netherlands for 4 days... now, I'm not usually a chocolate eater, at all. I'll have chocolate maybe once a month or so... if I'm at a party and there's a chocolate fountain or something.

HOWEVER, chocolate in the netherlands (belgian chocolate, too, I'm sure) was NOTHING like the normal chocolate I've had all my life. It was like I've been lied to my entire life. You got to try chocolate from europe. You'll never go back.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Lol, a chocolate fountain... mmmm... reminds me of Homer Simpson's Land of Chocolate...
    YouTube - The Simpsons Game - Land of Chocolate

Okay, got to find some Belgian chocolate.

Ghana chocolate is supposed to be good too. Have you tried it? Here's how to eat it :)
    How to eat fine chocolate | The Omanhene Cocoa Bean Company
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 05:33 AM
    MMMMMM join a chocolate club and fill your boots you will get to try chocolate from all over the world, here in the uk we have a lot of what I call real chocolate made with cocoa and cream.
    french chocolate delivery, best chocolates, gourmet chocolates, luxury chocolate gift : zchocolat

Take a look at those my gosh they look amazing but so is the price be warned.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 1, 2008, 06:02 AM
    I don't know much about foreign chocolates, but whatever that Lindt stuff is they sell in the red bag with milk chocolate outside and creamy melt in your mouth chocolate on the inside is amazing. Cheaper than online foreign chocolate, and faster too. Try Wal-Mart. :-D
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 05:11 PM
    I think what got me curious about quality chocolate was the Lindt East Egg I was given last Easter. I'm more than happy with Cadbury's which is what I'm usually given and what I grew up with, and I wasn't expecting anything too different to that... so when the Lindt was much smoother and creamier than any chocolate I'd tasted before, it made a new impression... hmm, I think I've been spoilt :)

We can buy Lindt at Woolworths (Woolies) which I guess is your equivalent to Wal-Mart :-D
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:08 AM
    If you have woolworths have a look for thorntons chocolate they are a predominant uk based co but they do sub the woolies here so got to be worth a look.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Thorntons look very tempting... I'll have to see if I can find them...
    Please enable your cookies
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I did a christmas job once with them and ooooooo was it my idea of heven tee hee you could eat what you wanted too with in reason obviously ;)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Teucher champagne truffles rock the casbah.

If my wife told me to go get chocolate and that our future sex life would only be as good as what I brought her, id bank on these. Not saying there isn't better out there, but these are a solid bet.

Teuscher Chocolates :: Champagne Truffes 4 pcs.

Teuscher Chocolates
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
    OOOOO Kp you just reminded me of a truffle I love there called banoffee and my god they are good made for the queen hehehehe she must have a sweet tooth because they are total sugar fix.
    They do champagne ones too that just disappear in your mouth ben won't even take me near the shop anymore says it hurts his wallet too much :)

White Chocolate Banoffee Truffles from Prestat Chocolates
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Not sure why Kp; you somehow reminded me of fresh strawberries dipped in melted chocolate along with a glass of champagne... yummmmm

Love the truffles curlybenswife. Are they really what the queen eats? :)
    mels mom Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Try Australian tim tams
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Would you believe I was taken to a Belgian chocolate café (KokoBlack) last Friday afternoon with friends from work. How's that for a coincidence..?

http://www.kokoblack.com/kokoblack.swf

Mmmmm... belgian chocolate... :-)
    mels mom Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 6, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Have you tried drinking coffee through them like a straw?
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 07:06 PM
    I have.. lol! Not sure why, I thought it was kind of ewwww... and didn't taste so great...
    Chewy1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Lindt chocolate... yum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What has the world come to? [ 38 Answers ]

I am upset with society as of right now. Why, you ask? WELL... I've heard cases of girls getting pregnant at THIRTEEN YEARS OLD! I think that teen girls getting pregnant SO young is absolutely crazy! Furthermore, (in my opinion) its shocking that some people believe this is okay. My...

Box of Chocolates [ 18 Answers ]

I am a single dad with a really great girlfriend. I have a problem however. Because I am a man, I need some time away from my girlfriend just to do stuff, like pay bills, clean my house, or just watch TV without being interrupted. We don't live together and my kids take up a great deal of my...

View more questions Search