Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leonard51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
    1994 Ford Ranger - won't start
    I am having difficulty with my 94 Ford Ranger. I cannot start it at all. I have attempted to jump start and nothing is happening. I was able to push start successfully. I have to depress the clutch fully before the engine will start. I am wondering if there is a fuse, switch or something that is connected to the clutch that may have gone bad. I have not yet checked the starter but I have never had any indication the starter was going bad, i.e. dragging, etc.
    rcremsing Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Neutral safety switch under the dash that is triggered by clutch arm. Bypass and see if it will start. If so then replace if not go to starter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck won't start ford 1994 f150 [ 3 Answers ]

OK! I am about frustrated lol, as I am sure most who are not mechanics are when it comes to fixing a vehicle. I have a 1994 ford f150 pickup 302 v8 with dual tanks. It started bogging down. Especially when I would try to go above 25 mph. THEN it completely died and would not start. So we bought...

94 Ford Ranger won't start. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3 Liter. While driving a few days ago the engine stopped and would not start again. The next day I checked and one of the spark plug wires was split in half... don't know how! I replaced the wire and checked the others and the plugs, but it still won't start. ...

Timing, starter, or distributor on a 1994 ford ranger [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 Ford Ranger 3.0 L V6 onl;y has 100,000 miles on it. Sometimes when I drive it I will go like 10 miles or so and then if I park it and try to start it again like two minutes later it won't start. It will crank over but not start. But it only does it a couple of days a week. It's not the fuel...

1994 ford ranger not starting when hot? [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 Ford Ranger 3.0 L V6 onl;y has 100,000 miles on it. Sometimes when I drive it I will go like 10 miles or so and then if I park it and try to start it again like two minutes later it won't start. It will crank over but not start. But it only does it a couple of days a week. It's not the...

92 Ford Ranger 2.3L [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone, what problems does the Check Engine light going on usually indicate? I was coming home tonight, about an hour highway drive and the light momentarily came on, then off, on and off. Not a flicker, but for several minutes at a time. Truck is VERy reliable and there is no indication that...

View more questions Search