Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arunavcd Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2006, 03:08 AM
    Subfolders are created 'cause of malicious software...
    Hi,

Few days back, I used a pen drive which subsequently started to cause problems by making subfolders (duplicate) of original folders.

Now, the computer is going to meet its ending day.

What should I do now?

Any suggestion would really be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 05:09 AM
    If you have Windows XP you can use the System Restore feature to return the computer to the state it was before you installed the pen drive.

If you are planning to reformat the hard drive then the first step is to save all data you want kept then find any installation CDs you may need (including your OS disk).

Mar 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Thanks for the reply...

I think the computer will not be able to be restored.

Because, In the past, I have tried and failed to restore the system back to 3 or 4 days which is considered to be minimum amount of days, right? Furthermore, the problem was due to minor malicious software attack. But this time, it's far more greater.

So, I think Restoring the system will not be possible.

But I will try it again so as to appreciate your advice.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arunavcd
    Because, In the past, I have tried and failed to restore the system back to 3 or 4 days which is considered to be minimum amount of days, right?
    Go back to whatever is the closest restore point to the time before you first used the pen drive.

What happened to the failed restore?

Mar 23, 2006, 12:43 PM
    I meant Closest with the term Minimum.

It doesn't even retrieve to the latest restore point.

Thanks, Needkarma.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Software [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about computers and how they work, I'm getting a little knowledge about computer hardware but totally in the dark when it comes to computer software. What is .txt .com .dll and all these files mean? And things like fat32 etc... etc... Thank you Ronnieca55

Old software [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a program called "sonia constructor" made by www.metafactor.com. It is used by hypnotherapists to construct relaxation- and hypnosis tapes. Unfortunately, the website as well as the email-adress are vanished. Is there nevertheless a way to get the program ?

Software [ 3 Answers ]

Hey according to you,, when you download kazaa,, is there any foolproof software or procedure to properly delete the lot of spy stuff which would be containing at the kazaa

Malicious script hidden in PChealth Binaries. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi..? can you help when I run a help section I am conforted with McAfee telling me I have a malicious script.. mstha.exe attempting to run a entry in the shell . I have checked out all avenues.. I don't touch spybot as it causes more problems than it is worth.. I do run adaware and system mech....

View more questions Search