Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VMMNAVM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Do I pay RENT to a Real Estate Agent on property that is in process of foreclosure
    I rent property and pay a real estate agent at the beginning of each month. The real estate agent pays the owner of the property. The owner has not paid their mortgage in six months. The tenants (me) has received a copy of the foreclosure civil suit summons. The owner of the property may or may not have been served a copy of the summons. Do I continue to pay rent to the real estate agent? My concern is, if I do not pay rent, would I receive a eviction notice since I am under a contract with the real estate agent who is under contract with the owner of the home. Is it best to put money into escrow?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Unless you are in California ( which has laws that they can not collect rent while in foreclosure) But to my knowledge no other state has that rule and the landlord is still the owner during all of the foreclosure proceedings. So if you don't pay you will be evicted, that is just how it works in all other states at this time. You will have to file some suit and have a escrow account with the court but in most places, the landlord being in foreclosure is not a violation of any lease or rental agreement, not until the property is foreclosed.

I would want to talk with the owner and see if any arrangements can be worked out.
    ICEMANCAME Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 06:29 AM
    As a tenant of a foreclosure proceeding - By Law I still have to pay rent. But what becomes of my deposit - how long can I stay , etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a Real Estate Agent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know what steps I need to take in order to become a real estate agent in California. I am about to graduate high school in 08 and I want to become a real estate agent. I really want to become a mortgage broker and someone told me I had to be a agent first, is that true? If so what...

Real Estate Agent [ 4 Answers ]

I am a real estate agent in MA. Is there a list already prepared that provides you with a list of the different things you can write of as an agent. I also have another full time job that is salary based but my Real Estate office is going to 1099 me. Any information would be helpful. Also if...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to graduate high school to become a real estate agent? Or can you become one with a G.E.D.?

Real Estate Agent [ 1 Answers ]

In about a month I am moving from Florida to California. After I get there, I would like to get a license to sell real estate. Can anyone recommend a good online school I can use? What is the percentage rate of people passing the test? And can someone give me an example of what kind of...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

How does someone become a real estate agent? Does it take long and what do you do after you have the credentials? How do you get started? Any advice would be great. I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.:cool:

View more questions Search