Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Style Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Mar 22, 2006, 07:54 PM
    Acne... yay
    So I have about 4 zits on my chest that won't go away,one in particular that has gotten tough and won't pop or anything,there's no pus or anything in it (gee this is already an appetizing subject no?) but there's a tough protrusion from the skin and I'm curious about any ways to get rid of it (I know my picking at it is likely not helping),also any way to help get rid of acne?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Have you tried over the counter medications?

If you are at the age that they are common (14-20), and over the counter medications are not doing the job, have your doctor check it out to see if it's something that a prescription might tackle.

... and if they do not appear to be zits, maybe they aren't: another good reason to have a Dr. check them out.
    Style Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Mar 23, 2006, 09:50 PM
    I haven't tried over-the counter meds,I was just curious as to if there were any recommendations of any that are particularly effeective.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 24, 2006, 01:14 AM
    Style, body acne is quite common for both teens and adults. Just like facial skin, the skin on your chest, back and shoulders is covered with hair follicles connected to sebaceous glands. Therefore, the same high rate of sebum production that contributes to facial acne can also clog pores in other areas of your body, causing pimples in the same way.

Some over-the-counter products can help clear up acne. But it may take some time to find the one that works best for you, some may not do the trick and others may cause irritation. Over-the-counter acne products come in different strengths, the typical acne-fighting ingredients are benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. You can try over-the-counter products like Clearasil, Stridex, Oxy or Clean & Clear. If you don't find a product that works for you, talk to your doctor or a dermatologist for treatments. Cheer up, you'll be okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acne [ 6 Answers ]

Hi pals Can you please tell me what is acne , why and whom does it effect ? And what is the best solution for treating ACNE,and also tell me are pimples caused due to acne?

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im 17 and I get bad Ance, I have tried most if not all of the over the counter items but Nothing really seems to work and Im going crazy please help:(

Acne [ 4 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old male and I've had facial acne for about 3-4 years now. I've always used oxy pads twice a day and the deep cleaning face wash every morning, but I'm not getting much better results. What products do you recommend for concealment and/or cure?

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Like to know if anyone can tell me, I get , I think a form of acne along or in my hairline, they are small blood spots they don't go away on there own, what do I do?

View more questions Search