Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Msmiaray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Bad credit and jobless
    First of all I haven't had a job in two 1/2 years. The last two jobs I had(each lasted about a year and half) I lost because the companies were bought out by bigger ones and relocated and did not take or offer any current employees jobs in the new location. I was already struggling as it was but my credit was decent at the time. Now my credit is horrible and I have two judgements against me. I can't get a job because of my credit and I have bad credit because I can't get a job. By law do I have to put my social security number on applications?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 09:01 AM
    If you don't give them your soc. Sec # they could very likely just toss your application in the can.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2008, 05:18 PM
    But the employer needs your written authorization to see your credit, no job because you have bad credit ? What kind of job are you looking for ?

Carl.-
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 05:34 PM
    If you have not had a job in 2 years, you are not willing to accept any job, Drive a truck, deliver newspaper, that Mac food place is always hiring, there are jobs for people, Or make a job, start a car wash service, sell insurance. There is always a job, they may not pay 100,000 a year but there are jobs
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Many places do check your credit because they have decided that if you have bad credit it is equal to you being a risk. My mom, my accounting teacher and business owners even said that is true.
    It took me two years of applying before I could find a job. The fast food places wanted kids.
    The nicer restaurants said that I didn't have kitchen experience because I hadn't worked in a restaurant kitchen in 30 years so I know what you are going through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a credit card who will only check transunion/poor credit [ 1 Answers ]

My transunion score is high and the others r in the high fives I'm looking for a business credit card is there a chance there might be one who will only check my transunion? Thank you Smart B Development Corp.

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

I need student debt consolidation loan for poor credit or bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone suggest me I'm from singapore and I wish to go study in USA.Anyoone suggest

View more questions Search