Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camerontaylor_2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 08:44 PM
    1997 Plymouth Voyger with 3.0L
    I have a 1997 Plymouth Voyager with a 3.0L. After purchasing the vehicle the "Service Engine Soon" Light came on. I pluged in my OBDII scanner and it returned a Misfire on cylinder number 5. I gave it a tune up and it didn't help. The plugs and wires were original OEM. I took it back to the dealership where I bought it and he didn't know anything. He told me that he gave it a tune-up because it looked like it had old wires and plugs on it. So realizing that he was an idiot I took the vehicle and pulled a compression test on it. Came back good. Is there anything else that I might do to fix this solution? I need help with this one with out spending a fortune on this damn thing. Thank you
    rcremsing Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Does this engine have ind. Fuel injectors? If so there might be a problem with the infector, fuel supply or wiring leading to it. If not redo compression check and see how long cylender holds compression. You are looking for a good five minute hold without bleed down. Fuel, air and spark all timed right is all you need in order for it to fire. One other easy check is to remove the plug wire while it is running and see if it changes engine performance. If it does not hold end of wire near something metal and see if you get good spark with loud anap.
    sandracj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 01:47 PM
    Will try something else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plymouth voyager [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the rear drums on a 97 plymouth voyager?

Plymouth Transmission [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere with an automatic transmission. What type of fluid does the transmission use? I have been told some types will mess up these old trannys.

85 Plymouth Voyager transmission [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced the engine and tranny on my 85 Voyager with known good units.  The van now will not go into reverse or forward.  Put in the required amount of fluid and have a good steady flow from the tranny coolant hose when disconnected to test with the engine running.  When going from all different...

View more questions Search