Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 22, 2006, 07:04 PM
    What make and model?

Yes, there is a sensor. But we need more info
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Mar 23, 2006, 12:32 AM
    It doesn't sound like a sensor issue to me - if it were, the washer would sit around doing nothing, waiting to be informed that it is full; you mentioned that it "goes into the next cycle", so it's obviously aware that it's full. It just can't shut the water because of a physical restriction - most likely some debris is clogging one or both of the solenoids (the electronically-operated valves that a washer uses to turn the water on and off), jamming it/them in the "open" position even when the machine wants it/them closed.

Here's my suggestion: re-post this question the Appliances page; we have some top-notch appliance repair guys there (appleguy in particular comes to mind) who can probably give you more specific advice. Make sure to post the manufacturer and model name/number of your washer, since solutions to such problems often differ depending on the design.

Good luck,
    Moishe
    Note: if this post was helpful, please rate it by clicking "Comment on this Post" in the upper-right corner of this post. Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 25, 2006, 07:09 AM
    This question has been reposted over in Appliances. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain keeps overflowing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, at my house, we have had a continuous problem over the years being that the washing machine drain will back-up and overflow from time to time. It occurs about every 6 months or so, and to fix the problem, I pour Assault down the drain, and that takes care of the problem. The washing machine...

Why is my washer machine overflowing? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 yr old washing machine that does not shut off once it is filled up? It sometimes does turn off but recently I have even put it on a small load and the water still runs when it goes into the next cycle? Is it some type of sensor that needs to be fixed? Is it an east task and should I try...

HELP Wash machine drain overflowing! [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do. I have a front load wash machine. I am using about 9 feet of 2 inch flexible drain tube (like a vacuum hose), which runs behind the wall on a slight decline to the sink drain. The water DOES leave the tube completely, but sometimes the water backs up at the junction...

Washer drain overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

The drain that my washing machine overflows during the rinse cycles. We have replaced the pipe and snaked the main pipe (metal pipe where pipes drain to). I have a Sear washer (older 12 yrs model) and it says it requires a 34" in standpipe with diagram showing 34" from floor to top of pipe. We used...

View more questions Search