Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saldovia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Father Passed Away
    My father passed away on the 3rd of June due to a 16 year battle with Prostate Cancer. The last year I made sure I was there at every dr. appt and chemo appt. for support for my mom as well as my dad. Now that he is gone I am with my mother about every day my dad made me promise to not leave her for a month or so just so she can adjust but then I will have to let her create her own new life without him.
    I had a fantastic loving father he was always my man he was there when I had horrible boyfriends or creepy husbands. He would be the only man in my life to stand up for me and protect me.
    Now with having to help my mom (which I don't mind of course) and take care of my own family I seem to be just trying not to think about his being gone. My whole world feels off balance and I just can't get myself to feel normal at all. I have never lost anyone that close to me.
    Can anyone give me advice on what to do to help me feel more normal again. I just miss him so deeply. How do you make everything not feel so pointless?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 05:36 PM
    I just want to give my condolences. I'm so very sorry to hear. My father passed away seven years ago of Esophageal Cancer. It gets easier to start your new life without someone you've loved your whole life as time goes on. The only thing I can really suggest is to spend as much time with family as possible, and resume life as normal.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I am truly sorry for your loss. It has been 10 yrs since my dad passed away due to cancer. I can only say it takes time. The first year was the most difficult for me but I still have my moments that I miss him terribly. Don't rush things. Be there for your mom. You may want to seek grief counselling. Often the funeral homes have counsellors they can recommend or talk to your clergy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I am so sorry for his loss, you take some of his goals or ideas and grow on them.
    saldovia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Thank you so much. I am trying to work on getting my schedule back and getting some alone time just to greave but I can't seem to get it much. I'm just tired all the time. I guess I don't know what is normal in the greaving process for me it is really physical.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 08:25 PM
    There really is no normal. Everyone grieves differently. Take your time, talk about what you are feeling. It takes time.
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    happy_jester Posts: 170, Reputation: 29

Jun 30, 2008, 09:20 AM
    "saldovia" many thanks for sharing with us. (my dad died of cancer too)

I really understand that you just feel tired all the time. (that's what happened to me too,& it's very normal)

It'll take it's own time,but please DON'T rush. Take care.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 30, 2008, 09:29 AM
    My advice to you would be to simply FEEL. Don't judge yourself and allow it to take it's course. It will never go away, but you will have good days and you will have bad. Allow yourself to feel what you are feeling. I lost my brother on my birthday three years ago and woke up the other day in tears as if I had just gotten the news. There will be days where you can't imagine how you will make it through and you will. I don't want to offend you if praying isn't in your idea helpful, if it is PRAY!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My father passed [ 2 Answers ]

My father passed left inheritance. Married 18 years. Is my spouse entitled to my inheritance?

What do I do my unborn child father has passed away [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I am 7 1/2 months pregnant me and my ex broke up and he then moved on and was engaged he has since then denied this being his child so we have been waiting the birth to prove it in a dna test he has recently passed away and the family denys this as his child how can I prove this to be his...

Father passed away, left small piece of property [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 15 my father passed away and left a piece of property in Alaska to me as outlined in the will. How do I get the property transfrred from his name to my name? My uncle pat, my dad's brother, was the executor of the estate. Can he transfer it to me or do I have to go thro probate?...

Father passed [ 9 Answers ]

My father passed this life on Jan 2, I was with him at his passing. He went down hill quickly since Thanksgiving. At that time he could still walk across the floor, but Christmas he was confined to his bed. His passing was peaceful in his sleep. He will truly be missed.

View more questions Search