Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mb2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 04:49 PM
    No water comes out of showerhead,
    I can't get the little knob that turns on the shower and turns off the water in the tub to stay up,I took off the showerhead that is not the problem The water does not go up to the shower unless I place a rag over the pipe and turn the water on.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 29, 2008, 05:11 PM
    That little knob stays in the upward position by the suction of the water while rushing upwards to the shower head.

Most probably there is some calcium deposit or other material on the rubber that prevents the blocking of the water outlet towards the bath.

Just try that direction of thought to solve the problem.

:)

·
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 06:06 PM
    The diverter in your valve is not working. Try to give us a brand and or model number of that valve. When you pull up on that knob does the water to the tub slow dramatically? Does it ever come out of the shower head after holding the knob for awhile?
    mramos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Comment on Credendovidis's post
    The solution is not clear enough.
    mramos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    There are three knobs; first your turn on the hot and cold knobs and then you open the middle knob to activate the shower head. It just makes a "shuddering" sound but the water does not come out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking showerhead [ 1 Answers ]

My showerhead leaks when water is being used in any other part of the house. Should I replace the showerhead (or washers) or is it a sign of a bigger problem?

Shower - no hot water, no pressure, no water to showerhead [ 4 Answers ]

About 1 month ago the shower starting having problems. The water is only tepid and will not get hot (the water in the sink in the same bathroom is hot as well as the rest of the house). Combined with the temperature, there is no water pressure in the shower. At first you could take a shower then...

Random relaease of water from a showerhead [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently encountered a random release of water from my showerhead. The shower had not been unsed for several hours, suddenly I heard water come out of the showerhead. I suspect it was water being held in the pipe from the tub diverter, but what would cause it to suddenly release?

No water from showerhead [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I have a two knob faucet with a pull-up lever on the spout for the bath tub which diverts the water to the showerhead. When I went to pull the lever up today to turn the showerhead on, there was nothing. It stopped the water going to the tub, but nothing was coming through the...

Old showerhead stuck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we wanted to put a new shower in the guest bathroom but can't get the old fixture off. It was an old waterpik style handheld with metal attatchment to pipe coming out of the wall. In trying to get the metal nut(I guess that is what it is) off it seems as if the pipe is bending so we quit......

View more questions Search