Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 04:42 PM
    I think my friend is cutting
    I think my friend is cutting her wrists. We are 13 years old, going into 8th grade. We are best friends, practically sisters, and I'm getting worried. I see scratches on one of her wrists, and they always look fresh. I've asked her about them, and she tells me her cat is doing it, then quickly changes the subject. Her cat had it's claws removed a while ago, but it bites occasionally. It's summer, and she wears long sleeves or a sweater most of the time. Am I just paranoid? Or do you think she actually is cutting? :confused: Also, I'm not sure what to say to her. I don't want to sound stupid if she isn't cutting. Please help me!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Let her know that she can talk to you about anything. Definitely try and find out if she is harming herself. If she is, let an adult know immediately.
    crystal18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2008, 05:05 PM
    If you're a really good friend start asking her if she's going through anything or if she's okay. Try to have serious conversations with her and then ask her about the marks on her arms and that you know it isn't her cat doing them. She needs help. So be there for her.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Just reassure her that you will always be there for her, and that you can talk to her aboutanything. Don't pressure her,if you guys are really good friends she'll tell you in time. If you think she is really hurting herself, or you find proof she is doing this tell and adult. And when and if she tells you also tell an adult.
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2008, 05:15 PM
    All of the above :)
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 30, 2008, 12:05 AM
    Be careful, because, though you care for her, you could open yourself to a world of pain, what I mean is that she might be looking for attention, in which case bringing up the cutting is a sensitive thing. I know, I used to cut, very long ago. I stopped early on though, and got counseling. My suggestion, is try to find out why, if you can find that, then you can maybe give her further help. Other wise, it's a matter of will she be mad at you for asking, or will she be sincere, and honest.

Peace be with you.
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2008, 12:21 AM
    All of the above, again ;O
    teedyme103 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bblue
    I think my friend is cutting her wrists. We are 13 years old, going into 8th grade. We are best friends, practically sisters, and I'm getting worried. I see scratches on one of her wrists, and they always look fresh. I've asked her about them, and she tells me her cat is doing it, then quickly changes the subject. Her cat had it's claws removed a while ago, but it bites occasionally. It's summer, and she wears long sleeves or a sweater most of the time. Am I just paranoid? Or do you think she actually is cutting? :confused: Also, I'm not sure what to say to her. I don't want to sound stupid if she isn't cutting. Please help me!
    Well you should talk to a adult or a doctor and also see what she is doing this for

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is cutting herself. [ 15 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a perfect life, perfect face, body, has guys chasing her, a great at home life yet she admoits to cutting herself with pride. I ask her if anything goes on she can tell me but she says that she does it because it's a new expirience. I'm really scared for her, no matter how...

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Cutting friend [ 8 Answers ]

My friend says that she used to slit her wrists but she stopped but recently she showed my other friend her scars and she says that the cuts look really new and we're worried that she may still be doing it. I don't know what to do but she's been acting really strange recently.

My friend is cutting. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I'm in 8th grade and about a half year ago I realized my friend had cut herself. She promised that was the only time and that she wasn't going to do it again. But at school the other day I realized that she had cut marks on her arm again. I asked her why and she said to get rid of the pain....

View more questions Search