Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suresh123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2004, 01:29 AM
    Immigration related question
    I am on a work visa from past 1 year(L1B).
    I was given a ticket for Misdemeanor 10 months ago (in San francisco,CA)and was asked to attend a
    Training program (FOPP) in lieu of prosecution.
    (Note: I was NOT taken to court as this was my very first offense that led me in contact with criminal
    Justice system).
    I had to just pay a fee and attend the training.

After I completed the training successfully. I received a letter from DA stating that
    "The DA office has reviewed my citation and has determined that the matter will be discharged and you do not have to appear in
    court on the date noted in the citation".

I recently got my "No criminal Record" certification from SFO.

My question is:
    1. How will this affect my Immigration ?
    2. If I had to answer for the below question (in employment form / visa related form)
    Have you ever been arrested /cited/ charged /imprisoned excluding traffic violations?
    Then what should I do ?

Thanks.
    ubaset Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2010, 10:57 AM
    You ought to say yes, and explain if it aks for an explanation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding Immigration Fraud and Divorce [ 5 Answers ]

First of all I'm not sure if this is fraud. However, I have a friend who married a guy from overseas over 10 years ago. He became a US citizen nearly 3 years ago. Then his parents came here recently. Once they came they gave him the idea to divorce my friend and marry someone else from overseas...

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Are my problems related? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, sorry my first post is a 'please help' but I'm desperate. I bought my PC about 2 months ago and had no problems until this week until, out of the blue: Home page is set to Wanadoo but it suddenly looked completely different. The usual red background has gone, the format is completely...

View more questions Search