Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smc Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Law regarding bringing kids from India
    Hi! This question is regarding my brother. About 15 days ago my brother and his family went to India for vacation. My brother and his wife have Green Card and their children aged 7 and 2 are US citizens. 5 days ago, While visiting his in-law's house, my brother and his wife had an argument. After the argument, my brother's wife went away from the house and never contacted my brother and his children. My brother and his children pleaded my brother's in-laws to show her but they are not allowing him to contact her. We all are shocked by this irresposible mother who can leave her kids like that. My question is can my brother bring his children to USA. He is the one who is caring for this children. Before coming does he need to file any police report in India. He has not filed any police report till now. What should he do now. A happy vacation has turned into a nightmare for my brother's family. ---Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2006, 10:33 AM
    File a police report for what?

The kids are US citizens and they reside in the USA. He is well within his rights to bring the children home to the USA.

There is nothing to file a police report over.

Mar 22, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Hi Captain Forest:
    Thank you for your quick reply. Your answer is very helpful to my brother and his kids.-Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Perhaps the American embassy/consulate in India may be of assistance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2006, 02:02 PM
    NeedKarma is 100 percent correct, if you are in another nation and run "afoul" of a situation, the American emassy can often give you guidance and help you though various rules.

But unless the law in India gives the mother certain rights, but the children as US citizens have specific rights as such also.

Mar 22, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Thanks to ALL who are answering my question. I appreciate YOUR suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarship in India [ 4 Answers ]

Hi sir I am samrat chakrabarty student of mechanical first year iwould like 2 ask u giving information regarding schlorship in india through net so that ican get them in future

Hey, anyone from india? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am an indian and would love to gather other indians here:)

Bringing customers to my Hair Salon [ 2 Answers ]

My hair salon has been opened for a year. I NEED HELP!!!!!!! BRING IN NEW CUSTOMERS. I am also having a problem attracting new stylists; most of the stylists i have had have been very young and not dependable. I need help fast, like yesterday. I need cheap ways to advertise. I've handed out...

Bringing Wire into Unfinished Garage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I haven't seen anything on this topic and since I'm trying to do it, I thought I'd ask. I'm running two circuits into my unfinished garage via my attic. Both will be homeruns to the first outlet. My question is how do I get them through the drywall and still maintain its fire...

Bringing a new puppy home [ 3 Answers ]

I bought an AKC chocolate lab last night brought her home tried to get her to go to the bathroom and she never did put her in the crate she sleep all night when I got up to go to work I took her outside and she still hasn't gone is this normal?

View more questions Search