Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artois29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Hairdressers have turned my hair ginger/orange!
    My natural hair colour is mousy blonde but I've dyed it a beachy blonde coulour for years.at xmas 2007 I went to the hairdressers and had it weaved dark brown underneath with blonde highlights at top and I loved it, I had this done twice but after the 2nd time when it came to growing out it looked a mess and I couldn't afford to have it done again.So I bought from a shop Live cocolate brown and dyed it all over.loved it at first but after a while my weaved effect came through and my roots looked awful.by this time I was really experiencing blonde envy badly and decided I wanted my blonde hair back.after intense research on the net I decided to go to the hairdressers.they told me the only way to get blonde back was to either highlite it until I get the blonde or strip it then have it dyed borwn (but a lighter one to what I already had) and have a few blonde highlites at the top again (weaved) so after seeing the strand test bright orangy ginger I decided to go for the brown with highlites.after 4 hours of being stripped and dyed etc I was finished.I hate the result! I cry everytiem I look in the mirror.My hair is awful.the blonde highlites I love but the rest that is supposed to be a light brown is more like bright ginger/orange! They did tell me that because the highlitesa took so brilliantly and better than they had expected that if I went back for a full head of highlites in 4 - 6 weeks then I should have my blonde hair back, I do kind of believe them on that but what about the ginger, that is still going to be there isn't it? Can someone out there please, please, please advise me! Has my hairdresser made a mistake or is it normal to have come out ginger/orange and do I have to just cope with it for a month? And mostly will I be the blonde I want on the next visit to the hairdressers. I will appreciate any help and advice, again I cry every time I see it.
    orlalalou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 11:00 AM
    I had blonde highlights with brown roots, decided to go beachy blonde so the hairdresser put a dark blonde base on with highlights. Now I have the same as you - blonde highlights with a base of ginger. Its horrible & I don't want to go out! I don't know what the solution is - I might try and lighten it more towards blonde myself at home because I don't trust the hairdresser anymore. If that doesn't work I'm going to have to go brunette again! It really sucks. I hope you find a solution sorry I'm not much help but just experiencing the same problem..
    generia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 12:52 AM
    Just try to live w/ the red for a month... Probably healthier for your hair than dying, stripping, dying and not to mention all of the heat that is probably going into it. A different perspective for a while might be good for you. Embrace it and there should be no problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying over black hair dye--GINGER [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just back from the hairdressers and look exactly the same... I went with the intention of dying panels of my hair blue, so the hairdresser put bleach into my hair to strip the colour but it came out ginger and she said she couldn't put blue into it. So she dyed my hair back to black and I paid...

Brown hair dyed & turned bright orange mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am african american and my natural hair color is dark brown. It is natural (no chemicals). I got my hair dyed with permanent color and it turned a very bright orange/red. I would rather not go back to the salon. I want to try to darken it (tone it down) by using a dark brown...

Any Hairdressers Out There! My Hair Is White! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have dyed my hair previously and it was light blonde I wanted to go a shade darker so I bought a darker colourand it turned out ginger at the roots I put up with that colour for a few days and then someone told me that if you pre lighten your hair and then dye it the desired colour. ...

Hair colouring at the hairdressers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anyone tell me if there is a health risk having your hair coloured, as I do every six weeks and have done for about 10 years, my hair is dark brown and I only have the grey covered to the same as my natural colour, any advice appreciated. Thanks Mary

View more questions Search