Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cetaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Civic won't start
    Having problem with my 96 civic it won't start battery is good alternator is good just replaced the starter check fuses good has full tank of gas was working great any suggestions
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Check for spark
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Perform tests in Sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Mostly your problem is electrical (your test results would confirm).. around or inside the distributer, Also the main relay can be something to look at. Do make texts as suggested by tx and do not replace any part unless you are sure it is bad... and do not change your battery.. recharge it instead.. Normally, it would lose its charge after several attempts.
    Change or replace only one part at a time and redo your tests.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Civic won't start, turns over but won't crank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda del sol SI that I converted to manual, before the swap everything was fine, cranked up, my battery and alterntor were going bad but would crank up, after the swap, it turns over but nothing happens,I'm not gettting any spark at all, I went and got a new distributor but still...

92 civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 92 civic no fire to plugs

01 civic ex sometimes won't start [ 22 Answers ]

Ok my car will start and run fine sometimes but, then I will go to start the car and it won't start;when I atempt to start it the gauges will jump all over the place and there will be a ticking noise that isn't the starter. Its not turning over or even cranking, just that ticking noise. I took it...

Civic won't start... please help [ 2 Answers ]

It kind of happened over the course of the day.. like I realized it was taking more to get it to start and by the end of the day my civic wouldent start anymore... so first I thought it must be the fuel pump or the ditributor... so I bought a whole new distributor assembly and cap and new spark...

95 civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 civic... about a week later the radiator blew and I replaced that... now about 2 weeks later my car suddenly won't start... one day I leave the gym after working out and it won't start... I first thought the gas gauge was wrong so I just put in some gas...

View more questions Search