Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndeereman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Scotts (John Deere) with Kohler engine won't start!
    Scotts (John Deere) riding mower with Kohler engine won't start!! Jump starting = no help. Made sure seat safety switch clean and ignition fuse OK. Brake on. Parking brake on/off. Disengaged and re-engaged tranny. Made sure blade handle full up and a little more and a little less just in case switch wearing out. All with the same result. A single click at the on position and nothing when moved to run/start position. Wicked frustrated and nearest John Deere repair center has 3 week back log!! HELP!! Need yo cut my lawn or face homeowners required cut of $65 a week until local shop can repair.
    johndeereman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 01:52 PM
    OK... One last thing I tried. I connected the positive side of the battery to the exposed nut at base of solenoid(I think it's the solenoid or starter) anyway the thick redwire was connected there so I made a direct lead from battery positive to that nut and it started right up and keep running. When I finished a reattempted the normal way to start the motor and it wouldn't start again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere LT160 won't start [ 16 Answers ]

My friend has a 2004 model John Deere LT160 Lawn tractor, it's got 206.* hours on it right now. We used it Thursday night, and it worked great for us. Last night when we tried to use it again, it just wouldn't start. It's got a Kohler 16hp motor in it, and the problem is like this. It'll crank and...

Scotts Lawn Tractor (mfg by John Deere) Model L1742 schematic [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a wiring diagram (schmatic) for a Scotts Lawn Tractor Model L1742. The unit will not start and appears to have a sefety switch open. The battery is good and I have checked all items suggested by owner's manual. If I can come up with a schematic I can possibly troubleshoot and...

John Deere rider won't start [ 2 Answers ]

WE have tried everything to get our old rider to start! The engine is a Briggs and Straton. New carborator,new spark plugs, new starter, new battery! The plug sparks but itstill won't actually start! The starter spins but no turn over? What should we do next? I have been told about checking...

John Deere L110 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having trouble cranking my John Deere L110. It was running fine then in the middle of mowing I had to stop and when I tried to restart I was hearing a clicking sound when the key was turned. I read a response on this site to a similar problem and tried what was recommended. I have replaced...

View more questions Search