Ask
    Kingsix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 10:58 AM
    How to remove moen 87500a faucet from sink
    Need to replace faucet with new one and can't get the old moen off
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Cannot ID your faucet. Can you check the model # for me one more time and re-post ? Is it kitchen or bathroom sink faucet ?
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Have you checked to see how its attached beneath the sink ? There is usually a nut and washer attached to a bolt or perhaps the water lines that clamps the faucet to the sink.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
    You may need a basin wrench or fauucet wrench Are You Using the Right Wrench for Your Plumbing Project? | DoItYourself.com
    Its hard to get at the nuts once the sink is installed in the cabinet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 29, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsix
    need to replace faucet with new one and can't get the old moen off
    It doesn't make much difference what faucet you have. They all mount pretty much the same way. With retaining nuts under the counter or basin top. These can be a bear to loosen if you don't use a basin wrench, (see image) Most hardware stores have them in the tool department. Since the bolts and nuts are usually made of brass you won't find rust but squirting some WD40 on the threads might help. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Moen tub faucet cartridge [ 14 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have a single handle Moen tub faucet that I'm trying to do some work on. A little description first. My bathtub faucet is teardrop shaped with the point of the teardrop pointing towards the floor. So when looking at it the writing is actually upside down. So to turn on the water...

Cannot remove Moen tub shower diverter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3-handle moen tub/shower faucet. The center handle(diverter) froze up and will not turn. I ordered a replacement(part #94543) thinking it would give a clue as to how to remove the old one. I guess its corroded in place around the brass area of the cartridge. Any tips on removing the...

Moen 87500a spray diverter doesn't work any more [ 1 Answers ]

On my Moen 87500A (the number on the back of the faucet), when you press the spray nozzle, the water continues to come out of the faucet and the spray is very weak. I suspect the diverter valve is not working. Do I need to replace the cartridge?

Moen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me how to remove the plastic insert that covers up the stem screw in a moen faucet.

Moen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom I found the site and registered but I still need my son to reduce the size of the pictures so I can attach them. He took the photo-editing software off my computer. I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks. Mark Ingham

View more questions Search