Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jloeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 09:55 AM
    How to obtain a copy of grandfather's u.s. naturalization papers
    I am trying to locate my father's u.s. naturalization papers in order to obtain my german citizenship. I have everything I need except the u.s. naturalization paper. The german authorities are waiting only for this to be able to grant the citizenship based on the fact that, as Jews, my family was forced to leave Germany in the 1930's. I have tried to obtain this paper through U.S. Homeland Security. It has been a year and they are asking for more information as they can't find it. It seems to me there must be another way to find this paper.
    Does anyone have a suggestion?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Submit form N-600 with $460 fee and other supported documents as specified in the instruction part of the form. Attach a cover letter stating who are you and why do you want to obtain this document, etc. All must be done by your father. He should be able to receive it within 10-12 weeks.

Ziggy13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 27, 2010, 04:52 PM
    I currently have a U.S. Passport but would like to obtain a Naturalization document that was destroyed in a flood years ago, which is always good to have as a back up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to obtain a copy of phone record [ 1 Answers ]

My phone was stolen about two weeks ago. I was currently with Metro PCS for about 2 weeks. Once my phone was stolen, I canceled my account and imported my number back to Sprint. I asked Metro for a detailed copy of my phone bill with phone numbers and they told me that they could not provide...

How do I obtain a copy of my vat certifacate [ 1 Answers ]

How do I obtain a copy of my vat certifacate?

Father in air force - I was born in France - need naturalization papers [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was born in Toule, France in 1958 while his father (US citizen) was in the US Air Force. His mother (US citizen) gave birth in a France hospital (name unknown), not on the base. Both parents are deceased. My husband does not have any documentation (birth certificate, etc) proving his...

How to obtain copy of 2006 tax return [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get a copy of my 2006 tax return filed by HR Block

Naturalization [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife received her green card in November 2003. We had been married over two years and had a child when we applied, so she received a permanent green card from the very beginning. I had been working overseas since 2000, and we were preparing to move back permanently to the US. We were...

View more questions Search