Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtwal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Signture 2000 drum removal
    I have a sig 2000 dryer which started making high pitch screech noise.
    I had replaced the belt tenssioner pulley assebmly and felt on the door.
    In the back some rust is coming from the center of the panel.

I want to remove the drum but don't know how. Please help.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 30, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Actually it makes little sense to remove the drum. You have to remove almost everything inside the machine to do so. Economically a bad procedure, as a new machine cost less than a new drum plus labour repair time.

If you insist : have a full service manual available (available from sears service).
    Note down all wiring data while you remove. Do not trust your memory!
    Disconnect every item till the dryer only consists of dryer housing and drum with bearing assembly.
    Disconnect the bearing.
    Now open up the drum housing and remove. You may have to remove some welds first.

Of course you can always come back to the board if you run into problems, or to discuss your findings!

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 ASTRO armrest removal [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to remove the armrests from the seats in a 2000 Chevy Astro? I have a 1990 as well and had no problem getting those off. But, using the same push in and rearward method does not seem to work with the 2000. I am sure it's an easy deal but the owners manual does ont address it...

Frigidaire Crown Series Dryer--Drum removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Crown Series clothes dryer (Model F31C546CS0). It is approximately 10 years old. The belt has broken and I need help/suggestions. Should I replace the belt or just replace. The unit is in good shape overall but I am concerned that it may be about time to replace it. I...

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Dashboard Removal [ 1 Answers ]

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Dashboard Removal -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500's dashtop has cracks throughout the dashtop. A 6" x 6" section has already come out. I want to replace the dashtop myself, since the Dealership wants...

View more questions Search